Oops- AND HUGE BIG SPOILERS, SO WATCH OUT

  • The Ziggurat Builder
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2000
      I'm an idiot- the trip that I'm on that's going to Fuji didn't leave today- it's going NEXT month on the first.  Talk about misfire- I ran and cancelled all my classes at school for two days, told everyone that I can't do anything for the weekend, and was then informad (well, it was my fault for not asking sooner) "No, sumb*ss, it's next month".  Oh.

      Anyway, I still haven't gotten to updating the site because my wife found another kitten and we're trying to take care of it (it's really young)- I swear, our house sometimes feels like a kitty boarding house.

      Finally, I know that the summary isn't online yet, and many of you want to wait to see the pictures While you read the summary, but if you don't mind I'll put a super short summary up here.

      BTW- The "winner" of the game is RAMAHIR, because one of the things that he mentioned (Seppuku) is one of the big themes of this month's manga-
      Congrats, Ramahir.  Buy yourself an ice cream "on me".
      For the rest of you- cool guesses.  As Jae mentioned, your guesses may actually tell you something about the way you think (psychologically), but I wouldn't dare begin that line of thought here.

      Anyway, here's what happens:
      Anotsu comes back, opens the door just as Ibane is sticking a knife into his gut.  He falls over, and swears to Anotsu that he won't die until he tells Anotsu EVERYTHING.  And he does.  He also mentions that the government goons are coming for him now, so he has to escape.
      Then Anotsu honors him buy doing the "Seppuku duty"- he cuts off Ibane's head (Rin, who watches from outside, gets a little queazy).
      Turns out that Hisoka was behind him them and heard everything.  Anotsu says something like "Ok, let's go", but they both know that Hisoka is in no condition to run around and stuff.  Apparently she's on this medicine that if she doesn't get it once a week, she dies.
      Hisoka gives him a 1.4 second lecture, "I'm your Godd*mn WIFE!  Now GO!" And Anotsu goes.  Rin follows behind him, babbling incoherently, but Anotsu doesn't seem to mind.
      Hisoka has a long talk with her father ('s head) and thanks him for all his years of helping her.  And that's where the line and that scanned picture comes in.  Next scene- blood splatters on the paper doors, cut to Anotsu booking it to Edo, Rin in tow...

      Anyway, I'll probably get to the scans and summary no later than Saturday...
      -Andy

      ---
      J. Andrew Kitkowski     mappy@...
      http://zigguratbuilder.nu
    • ram mahir
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2000
        lol i guess my second guess was further away from the mark than the
        first one, with people committing suicide. shoulda stayed with the
        gut instinct (no pun intended ^.^). but this game's been fun, hope we
        can do it again for the next issue.

        can't wait for the scans coming up. but sorry for the 'bombed'
        weekend plan (or was it congrats? i'm not sure..)

        back to the latest issue, r the government goons Ibane mentioned
        referring to the Mugai-ryu? or is it just a bunch of amateur killers?
        ah well, i guess i find out when the story's up, eh?

        ja ne!
        -ram
        ps: just for the record, i'm a gal ^.~