Re: [manilakiteboarding] Anilao Race

  • Solo Paddlesurf
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 12, 2010
      Hey Spence,

      Kamusta pare? I  believe you, been following some of the swells on the internet at your end and have been drooling about it. Definitely miss the warm water. Kita tayo when I get there, maybe we can go for a surf.

      Chuck

      On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 8:39 PM, <spencer@...> wrote:

      Yo Chuck!

      Whats up bro..

      Surf has been good down ere.

      Cheers

      Spencer

      --
      Chuck
      Solo Paddlesurf
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 12, 2010
        Guys,

        If you are in the North (Baguio Area) give me a shout and we can SUP at some cool places in La Union and Pangasinan!

        George
        "Catch The Wind"

        Kamusta pare? I  believe you, been following some of the swells on the internet at your end and have been drooling about it. Definitely miss the warm water. Kita tayo when I get there, maybe we can go for a surf.

        Chuck

        On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 8:39 PM, <spencer@jandssurf. com> wrote:

        Yo Chuck!

        Whats up bro..

        Surf has been good down ere.

        Cheers

        Spencer

        --
        Chuck
        Solo Paddlesurf

      • Solo Paddlesurf
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 13, 2010
          Hey George,

          Will definitely call you if I'm in your neck of the woods. Haven't been to those parts, I heard it's good.

          Chuck
          Solo Paddlesurf
          16942 Gothard St., Suite A
          Huntington Beach, CA 92647
          (949)637-SOLO

          --
          Chuck
          Solo Paddlesurf

          --
          Chuck
          Solo Paddlesurf
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 13, 2010
            Hey Big George,

            Will definitely call you when we're up north...

            Fortunately or unfortunately, haven't had much time to play around with SUP because we've been blessed with good tail-end amihan winds... when it's strong, I kiteboard, when it's weak, I still get to do some nice free riding on the Cruiser with the SUPerLight sail (and the damn thing just keeps on going upwind)... only thing I haven't tried is surfing a boat wake or some nice swells.  Oh well, maybe I'll eventually get to do it in your neck of the woods! :-)

            Cheers!

            Buddy

            --
            Chuck
            Solo Paddlesurf

            --
            Chuck
            Solo Paddlesurf
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 13, 2010
              Jay,

              A lot of inquiries about kiteboarding were made over the Holy Week weekend... One of them is a foreign businessman named Jean D. Hill.  Jean has a clothing store in Market Market.  You guys might want to check out his products at www.lalaughka.com. One of his friends passed his card on to me and asked to be included in the e-group so he can hook up with us and eventually learn to kiteboard.  Hope you can bring him in to the group and link up for the lessons.

              Jean,

              Jay Ortiz (e-group administrator and owner of Manila Kiteboarding School) is one of only 3 certified kiteboarding instructors in Luzon so far.  You may want to talk to him for coordination on how you can get into the sport.  Of course, you now know where most of the kiteboarders in Luzon converge.  Surf Camp at Lake Caliraya is the home of the Caliraya Windsport Association and the fleet has probably the largest number of filipino kiteboarders in the country.  Nice group and fun to be with!  Hope to see you at the lake again very soon!

              Buddy

            • Buddy Lopa
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 14, 2010
                Hello again everyone...

                WindGuru forecast this weekend looks really good at Caliraya.  Saturday forecast is 7-10 knots (adjusted, we can expect 14-22kts), ene 45-55deg.  Sunday forecast is 7-9 kts (adjusted, expect 14-20kts) ene 45-55deg.  Trend shows winds increasing as we get closer to the weekend.  I would dare venture to estimate actual winds of about 14-18kts for both days.

                I'm sure a lot of guys from the Caliraya fleet will be there.  See y'all...

                Buddy

                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 15, 2010
                  Wow!

                  I have a dive trip this Saturday in Anilao. I hope I can kiteboard there. See you guys in the lake on Sunday!

                  Peeps, FYI we had 15 to 18 knots last weekend in the lake.

                  Buko, thanks for the invite to Nuvali, more power and good luck!

                  Jay Ortiz
                  IKO Instructor #4875

                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 16, 2010
                    Hey Buko,

                    Orly told me about the Nuvali event this weekend, unforetunately I can't go... trying to make the most of what's left of Amihan.  You and Orly, on the other hand, might want to drop by the lake after your Nuvali gig.

                    Cheers,

                    Buddy

                    WindGuru forecast this weekend looks really good at Caliraya.  Saturday forecast is 7-10 knots (adjusted, we can expect 14-22kts), ene 45-55deg.  Sunday forecast is 7-9 kts (adjusted, expect 14-20kts) ene 45-55deg.  Trend shows winds increasing as we get closer to the weekend.  I would dare venture to estimate actual winds of about 14-18kts for both days.

                    I'm sure a lot of guys from the Caliraya fleet will be there.  See y'all...

                    Buddy

                  • luigi
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 16, 2010
                      16.
                      Fr
                      16.
                      Fr
                      16.
                      Fr
                      16.
                      Fr
                      16.
                      Sa
                      17.
                      Sa
                      17.
                      Sa
                      17.
                      Sa
                      17.
                      Sa
                      17.
                      Sa
                      17.
                      Su
                      18.
                      Su
                      18.
                      Su
                      18.
                      Su
                      18.
                      Su
                      18.
                      Su
                      18.
                      Mo
                      19.
                      Mo
                      19.
                      Mo
                      19.
                      Mo
                      19.
                      Mo
                      19.
                      Mo
                      19.
                      Tu
                      20.
                      08h11h14h17h20h05h08h11h14h17h20h05h08h11h14h17h20h05h08h11h14h17h20h05h
                      Wind speed (knots)36765689101076767664578753
                      Wind directionENEENEENENENEENEENEENENEENENEENEENEENENENENENEENEENEENEENENEENE

                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 16, 2010
                        LUIGI... LET'S SHRED!!!  :-D