Re: [manilakiteboarding] Congrats to team Philippines!

  • Rina Monique Garcia
    Message 1 of 10 , May 22 6:13 PM
      congratulations to all my buddies. :)

      On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 12:36 AM, Jay Ortiz <manilakiteboarding@...> wrote:

      Guys,

      We had a strong finish in the Kiteboard Tour Asia (KTA) China Stop. Here is the link

      Course racing Twin Tip (TT) Class
      1st Jay Ortiz
      2nd Doque Delos Santos
      9th Mariel Candava
      10th Carlo Leongson
      11th Peter Javier

      We had 60 participants in mens TT class and 10 in women TT class. That means 70 kites in the starting line. Wow getting a good start without getting tangled is already a feat.

      More power to team Philippines! We Just got back this morning and we are glad to finally get some Facebook time to see the official results as it was blocked in China.

      Jay Ortiz
      IKO instructor #4875
      Manila Kiteboarding School

    • Joseph Ryan Consul
      Message 2 of 10 , May 22 9:24 PM
        Congratulations guys! Strong finish indeed! Really impressed that the entire group was able to grab top posts on the race. Nice job guys!

        I guess my hunch was right, i was watching the race video and i saw Jay's race kite and Carlo's neon yellow Cabrinha among the lead pack. Good job. Happy to see on the video Jay standing on podium, hahaha, with a huge smile on his face, nice one idol!

        Its gonna be blowing this weekend, where will you guys be? Thinking of going to Playa Calatagan this Saturday, or Subic. lemme know!

        Message 3 of 10 , May 22 10:32 PM
          Hahaha thanks joseph,

          It was a double win. I won the china event and the overall tour. It's the 2012 KTA tour TT race champion title.

          Carlo, Mariel and peter were also great. Finishing strong on their first KTA international event. We all look forward to the next one next season. Sri Lanka on September 2012. Let's all do it!

          See you this weekend wherever.

          Party on!