Re: [manilakiteboarding] Re: Playa Calatagan Invite

  • Jay
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 22, 2012
      Nice. Had 2 hours 12 kts sat and Sunday in caliraya.

      Buddy and carlo are there today.

      On Apr 23, 2012, at 8:19 AM, "oliohh" <oliohh@...> wrote:

      Ahoy! how was everyone this past weekend? anilao was howling...

      -oli

      --- In manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Ryan Consul <joseph.consul@...> wrote:

      > Good day everyone!
      >
      > Tono Legarda is inviting kiteboarders this Saturday in Playa Calatagan. I was there last April 9 and I was able to ride. Wind last time was blowing side on shore. However, you'll need to go out for 15-20mtrs off from shore and do water relaunch since side on winds not hitting the beach. But once out, wind was blowing steady 16-20kts (was using my 9m).
      >
      > Apologies for informing the team just now, was waiting for an email from Tono to make this invite official.
      >
      > One final note, checked Windguru (cape Santiago, Calatagan) and it seems there's only wind in the morning. ;) for the rest of the day, you can do other stuff. Plus, it will be a good treat for your family to hot the beach, do SUPs (I'm sure Tono will lend his demo units), sun bath, swim (beach and pool) and there's free lunch! 5 windsurfers will also be there with Tono on sat. A little teaser to our windsurf gods in the lake.
      >
      > You may sms me or tono so we can prepare head count.
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Joseph - 0917-8305252
      > Tono- (0917) 790 6352
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone

    • oliohh
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 23, 2012
        nice jay :) this coming weekend though is so different. were about to get skunked :(

        -oli

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 18, 2012
          Hi Guys,

          As some of you already know about this, we are pushing through with the kiteboarding introduction to ROX clients this Thursday 7pm.

          Please extend your support to the sport by being there. Let me know who can go.

          See you.

          Jay Ortiz

          On Apr 19, 2012, at 4:55 PM, Jay <manilakiteboarding@...> wrote:

          Hi art,

          Wow thanks for that reminder. I'll most likely be there Sunday as  the students are not available Monday.

          I might be in playa on Saturday otherwise I'll be in the lake

          On Apr 19, 2012, at 4:05 PM, Arthur Palacios <arthurpalacios@...> wrote:

          Hi guys last Thursday and Friday windguru also showed no wind in caliraya but we had 12 to 14. This time of year when it shows no wind in Caliraya I look up windguru in Boracay if there is wind there there will be wind in Caliraya

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Apr 19, 2012, at 3:53 PM, Jay Ortiz <manilakiteboarding@...> wrote:

          Hi Joseph,

          I'm still trying to move my 7 intro to Kiteboarding students in Caliraya this Sunday. Wind in the lake looks iffy too as per wind guru. Will confirm Friday.

          Jay Ortiz
          Netspeed Software Inc.

          On Apr 19, 2012, at 10:12 AM, "oliohh" <oliohh@...> wrote:

          nice Joseph... we might be able to go ill text to confirm.

          --- In manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Ryan Consul <joseph.consul@...> wrote:

          > Good day everyone!
          >
          > Tono Legarda is inviting kiteboarders this Saturday in Playa Calatagan. I was there last April 9 and I was able to ride. Wind last time was blowing side on shore. However, you'll need to go out for 15-20mtrs off from shore and do water relaunch since side on winds not hitting the beach. But once out, wind was blowing steady 16-20kts (was using my 9m).
          >
          > Apologies for informing the team just now, was waiting for an email from Tono to make this invite official.
          >
          > One final note, checked Windguru (cape Santiago, Calatagan) and it seems there's only wind in the morning. ;) for the rest of the day, you can do other stuff. Plus, it will be a good treat for your family to hot the beach, do SUPs (I'm sure Tono will lend his demo units), sun bath, swim (beach and pool) and there's free lunch! 5 windsurfers will also be there with Tono on sat. A little teaser to our windsurf gods in the lake.
          >
          > You may sms me or tono so we can prepare head count.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Joseph - 0917-8305252
          > Tono- (0917) 790 6352
          >
          > Sent from my iPhone

        • Arthur Palacios
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 18, 2012
            Hi Jay I will be there at Rox 7 pm

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Sep 19, 2012, at 11:47 AM, Jay Ortiz <manilakiteboarding@...> wrote:

            Hi Guys,

            As some of you already know about this, we are pushing through with the kiteboarding introduction to ROX clients this Thursday 7pm.

            Please extend your support to the sport by being there. Let me know who can go.

            See you.

            Jay Ortiz

            On Apr 19, 2012, at 4:55 PM, Jay <manilakiteboarding@...> wrote:

            Hi art,

            Wow thanks for that reminder. I'll most likely be there Sunday as  the students are not available Monday.

            I might be in playa on Saturday otherwise I'll be in the lake

            On Apr 19, 2012, at 4:05 PM, Arthur Palacios <arthurpalacios@...> wrote:

            Hi guys last Thursday and Friday windguru also showed no wind in caliraya but we had 12 to 14. This time of year when it shows no wind in Caliraya I look up windguru in Boracay if there is wind there there will be wind in Caliraya

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Apr 19, 2012, at 3:53 PM, Jay Ortiz <manilakiteboarding@...> wrote:

            Hi Joseph,

            I'm still trying to move my 7 intro to Kiteboarding students in Caliraya this Sunday. Wind in the lake looks iffy too as per wind guru. Will confirm Friday.

            Jay Ortiz
            Netspeed Software Inc.

            On Apr 19, 2012, at 10:12 AM, "oliohh" <oliohh@...> wrote:

            nice Joseph... we might be able to go ill text to confirm.

            --- In manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Ryan Consul <joseph.consul@...> wrote:

            > Good day everyone!
            >
            > Tono Legarda is inviting kiteboarders this Saturday in Playa Calatagan. I was there last April 9 and I was able to ride. Wind last time was blowing side on shore. However, you'll need to go out for 15-20mtrs off from shore and do water relaunch since side on winds not hitting the beach. But once out, wind was blowing steady 16-20kts (was using my 9m).
            >
            > Apologies for informing the team just now, was waiting for an email from Tono to make this invite official.
            >
            > One final note, checked Windguru (cape Santiago, Calatagan) and it seems there's only wind in the morning. ;) for the rest of the day, you can do other stuff. Plus, it will be a good treat for your family to hot the beach, do SUPs (I'm sure Tono will lend his demo units), sun bath, swim (beach and pool) and there's free lunch! 5 windsurfers will also be there with Tono on sat. A little teaser to our windsurf gods in the lake.
            >
            > You may sms me or tono so we can prepare head count.
            >
            > Thanks!
            >
            > Joseph - 0917-8305252
            > Tono- (0917) 790 6352
            >
            > Sent from my iPhone

          • Joseph Ryan Consul
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 19, 2012
              See in ROX jay! Will try to leave early from work Tom. See u!

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Sep 19, 2012, at 11:47 AM, Jay Ortiz <manilakiteboarding@...> wrote:

              Hi Guys,

              As some of you already know about this, we are pushing through with the kiteboarding introduction to ROX clients this Thursday 7pm.

              Please extend your support to the sport by being there. Let me know who can go.

              See you.

              Jay Ortiz

              On Apr 19, 2012, at 4:55 PM, Jay <manilakiteboarding@...> wrote:

              Hi art,

              Wow thanks for that reminder. I'll most likely be there Sunday as  the students are not available Monday.

              I might be in playa on Saturday otherwise I'll be in the lake

              On Apr 19, 2012, at 4:05 PM, Arthur Palacios <arthurpalacios@...> wrote:

              Hi guys last Thursday and Friday windguru also showed no wind in caliraya but we had 12 to 14. This time of year when it shows no wind in Caliraya I look up windguru in Boracay if there is wind there there will be wind in Caliraya

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Apr 19, 2012, at 3:53 PM, Jay Ortiz <manilakiteboarding@...> wrote:

              Hi Joseph,

              I'm still trying to move my 7 intro to Kiteboarding students in Caliraya this Sunday. Wind in the lake looks iffy too as per wind guru. Will confirm Friday.

              Jay Ortiz
              Netspeed Software Inc.

              On Apr 19, 2012, at 10:12 AM, "oliohh" <oliohh@...> wrote:

              nice Joseph... we might be able to go ill text to confirm.

              --- In manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Ryan Consul <joseph.consul@...> wrote:

              > Good day everyone!
              >
              > Tono Legarda is inviting kiteboarders this Saturday in Playa Calatagan. I was there last April 9 and I was able to ride. Wind last time was blowing side on shore. However, you'll need to go out for 15-20mtrs off from shore and do water relaunch since side on winds not hitting the beach. But once out, wind was blowing steady 16-20kts (was using my 9m).
              >
              > Apologies for informing the team just now, was waiting for an email from Tono to make this invite official.
              >
              > One final note, checked Windguru (cape Santiago, Calatagan) and it seems there's only wind in the morning. ;) for the rest of the day, you can do other stuff. Plus, it will be a good treat for your family to hot the beach, do SUPs (I'm sure Tono will lend his demo units), sun bath, swim (beach and pool) and there's free lunch! 5 windsurfers will also be there with Tono on sat. A little teaser to our windsurf gods in the lake.
              >
              > You may sms me or tono so we can prepare head count.
              >
              > Thanks!
              >
              > Joseph - 0917-8305252
              > Tono- (0917) 790 6352
              >
              > Sent from my iPhone

            • Tony Han Chin Baysa
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 19, 2012
                Hi J,
                We will be arriving from Singapore around 7plus tonight and we will go straight to ROX
                Regards,
                Tony

                Sent from my iPad