Subic

  • Joseph Ryan Consul
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 29, 2009
      Jay,

      Till when do you guys plan on staying in Subic? Might go there on sat... Thanks!

      Get your new Email address!
    • Cary
      Message 2 of 10 , May 21 6:54 AM
        Hi Im Cary. Im a beginner kiter and I came across this group. Hows it going?

        Been monitoring Windguru and it says it will blow a steady 10 kts at Subic most of the day from Thurs to Sat. Is that a pretty accurate source?

        If so, I may head there. Anyone else planning to go?
      • Luigi

          Message 4 of 10 , May 22 2:52 AM
            Hey Luigi.

            If theres any chance of wind, Ill head over anyway. Im on a 13m and a 145 board. Worst case Ill mess around on the trainer, have lunch and head home. Windguru still shows that Friday and Saturday being around 11-12 kts. It is a bit light, but Ill risk it.

            A buddy of mine windsurfs Caliraya and he told me it's the place to go to, but it is off season.

            It was actually from searchin through Google and finding a message on this group I read Subic is the place to go during habagat. Ive been dying to head out since taking lessons in April.

            Thanks for the info

            Message 5 of 10 , May 22 9:24 AM
              Hi Cary,

              Welcome to the group. We are still active in this group although much of the communication is via Facebook page of manilakiteboarding.

              Subic is also good specially on hot days so the thermals help the southwest winds called habagat.

              We might go soon though to checkout Subic. It was 18 kts there last weekend as per our friend orly. We were in china for the KTA competition.

              See you soon.

              Jay Ortiz

              Message 6 of 10 , May 22 9:36 AM
                Guys,

                We had a strong finish in the Kiteboard Tour Asia (KTA) China Stop. Here is the link

                Course racing Twin Tip (TT) Class
                1st Jay Ortiz
                2nd Doque Delos Santos
                9th Mariel Candava
                10th Carlo Leongson
                11th Peter Javier

                We had 60 participants in mens TT class and 10 in women TT class. That means 70 kites in the starting line. Wow getting a good start without getting tangled is already a feat.

                More power to team Philippines! We Just got back this morning and we are glad to finally get some Facebook time to see the official results as it was blocked in China.

                Jay Ortiz
                IKO instructor #4875
                Manila Kiteboarding School

              • Brad Easton
                Message 7 of 10 , May 22 6:11 PM
                  Yeah Jay and Team Philippines !

                  Regards, Brad

                  Dr Brad Easton (Hong Kong)
                  BVSc(Hons), BSc(Vet)(Hons)
                  Master of Vet Studies

                  Best Friends Veterinary Hospital
                  Phone 2792 8555
                  Fax 2792 5120
                  http://www.facebook.com/#!/BestFriendsVetHosp

                  We had a strong finish in the Kiteboard Tour Asia (KTA) China Stop. Here is the link

                  http://kiteboardtour.asia/results/201112/1112-china-round-4.html

                  Course racing Twin Tip (TT) Class
                  1st Jay Ortiz
                  2nd Doque Delos Santos
                  9th Mariel Candava
                  10th Carlo Leongson
                  11th Peter Javier

                  We had 60 participants in mens TT class and 10 in women TT class. That means 70 kites in the starting line. Wow getting a good start without getting tangled is already a feat.

                  More power to team Philippines! We Just got back this morning and we are glad to finally get some Facebook time to see the official results as it was blocked in China.

                  Jay Ortiz
                  IKO instructor #4875
                  Manila Kiteboarding School

                • Rina Monique Garcia

                    Message 9 of 10 , May 22 9:24 PM
                      Congratulations guys! Strong finish indeed! Really impressed that the entire group was able to grab top posts on the race. Nice job guys!

                      I guess my hunch was right, i was watching the race video and i saw Jay's race kite and Carlo's neon yellow Cabrinha among the lead pack. Good job. Happy to see on the video Jay standing on podium, hahaha, with a huge smile on his face, nice one idol!

                      Its gonna be blowing this weekend, where will you guys be? Thinking of going to Playa Calatagan this Saturday, or Subic. lemme know!

                      Message 10 of 10 , May 22 10:32 PM
                        Hahaha thanks joseph,

                        It was a double win. I won the china event and the overall tour. It's the 2012 KTA tour TT race champion title.

                        Carlo, Mariel and peter were also great. Finishing strong on their first KTA international event. We all look forward to the next one next season. Sri Lanka on September 2012. Let's all do it!

                        See you this weekend wherever.

                        Party on!