Need for speed!

    Message 1 of 28 , Sep 20, 2011
      Hi Guys,

      Just want to share pic of my new speed board I had custom made from Cape Town.

      Design looks fast with the progressive concave, rocker, and radical design. Can't wait to test it! Everyone is welcome to try it.
    • J&S
      Message 2 of 28 , Sep 20, 2011
        Hi Jay,

        So this is the one that you're talking about. I guess I dont have to ask you if you'll be in Caliraya this weekend. Enjoy brotha.

        Spencer

        Just want to share pic of my new speed board I had custom made from Cape Town.

        Design looks fast with the progressive concave, rocker, and radical design. Can't wait to test it! Everyone is welcome to try it.

        Jay Ortiz

      • Manny Cabili
        Message 3 of 28 , Sep 20, 2011
          Hmmm...a port tack speedster. Nice! :p

          Just want to share pic of my new speed board I had custom made from Cape Town.

          Design looks fast with the progressive concave, rocker, and radical design. Can't wait to test it! Everyone is welcome to try it.

          Jay Ortiz

        • Oriol Singla
          Message 4 of 28 , Oct 24, 2011
            Hey buddies,

            Where is the people going this long weekend?

            I am going to Pagudpud. Anyone knows any hotel near the kite spot or suf spot? Actualy any information about the area will be great, i've never been there.

            Cheers

            Uri

            2011/9/21 J&S <spencer@...>

            Hi Jay,

            So this is the one that you're talking about. I guess I dont have to ask you if you'll be in Caliraya this weekend. Enjoy brotha.

            Spencer

            Just want to share pic of my new speed board I had custom made from Cape Town.

            Design looks fast with the progressive concave, rocker, and radical design. Can't wait to test it! Everyone is welcome to try it.

            Jay Ortiz

          • Antonio Brunner

                Just want to share pic of my new speed board I had custom made from Cape Town.

                Design looks fast with the progressive concave, rocker, and radical design. Can't wait to test it! Everyone is welcome to try it.

                Jay Ortiz

              • Rolland Aquino
                Message 7 of 28 , Oct 24, 2011
                  Hi Uri,

                  Check out this site for Pagudpod:

                  http://oceansource.net/kitesurfing/kitesurfing_in_pagudpud.asp

                  Cheers,

                  Rolland

                       http://portolaiya.weebly.com
                  http://malarayat.weebly.com
                • singla20@gmail.com
                  Message 8 of 28 , Nov 1, 2011
                    Thanks to everyone who help me :) such a awesome long weekend at Pagupud. Strong wind, 30 knots, and big waves, more then me, I am 6 feet :o

                    I will send u some pics.

                    Btw guys, anyone knows where I can fix my kite. I have a cut :s

                    Pagudpud rocks brs :)

                    Uri

                    From: "Rolland Aquino" <rolland@...>
                    Sender: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 16:16:54 -0400
                    To: <manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com>
                    ReplyTo: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com

                      From: "Rolland Aquino" <rolland@...>
                      Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 16:16:54 -0400

                      Message 10 of 28 , Nov 1, 2011
                        Hi Uri,

                        Where did you end up saying? Did you kite in front of Kapuluan?

                        Cheers

                        Spencer

                        From: "Rolland Aquino" <rolland@...>
                        Sender: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 16:16:54 -0400
                        To: <manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com>

                        Message 11 of 28 , Nov 1, 2011
                          Hey Spencer,

                          I was staying at Kingfisher resort and kiting there too :)

                          Cheers

                          From: "Rolland Aquino" <rolland@...>
                          Sender: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 16:16:54 -0400
                          To: <manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com>

                          Message 12 of 28 , Nov 1, 2011
                            Look at that buddies! Awesome!

                            From: "Rolland Aquino" <rolland@...>
                            Sender: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
                            Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 16:16:54 -0400
                            To: <manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com>

                            Message 13 of 28 , Nov 1, 2011
                              Thanks bud :)

                              From: Jay Ortiz <manilakiteboarding@...>
                              Sender: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
                              Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 10:35:39 +0800
                              To: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com<manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com>
                              ReplyTo: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com

                              Hi Uri,

                              Glad you had a blast. We had strong winds in Caliraya too. Was there thurs to Monday and it was great.

                              About the repair, just call mang Nikki at 027122402.

                              Jay Ortiz
                              Netspeed Software Inc.

                              From: "Rolland Aquino" <rolland@...>
                              Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 16:16:54 -0400

                                From: "Rolland Aquino" <rolland@...>
                                Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 16:16:54 -0400

                                Message 15 of 28 , Nov 3, 2011
                                  Peeps,

                                  As I have told some of you already, Landco, the developer of Punta Fuego is hosting an event for us on that weekend. They will provide food and area for our trailers for that weekend. Support boat will also be available for us. It will just be a fun windsport event with the Philippine Windsurf Team.

                                  You guys should see this spot. There is flat water near the beach and small waves outside. Here is the link for pics and directions to get there.

                                  http://www.landco.ph/projects/playa/

                                  Let me know who else is going.So far those who confirmed with me are:

                                  Jay
                                  Tony B
                                  Anssen B.
                                  Popoy B.

                                  See you all.

                                • Joseph Ryan Consul

                                    Message 17 of 28 , Nov 3, 2011
                                      Is the wind forecast good Jay

                                      Thanks

                                      Uri

                                      Message 18 of 28 , Nov 4, 2011
                                        Hi Uri,

                                        I don't know yet since the forecast only gives us 1 week advance. However, end of November has been high probability of wind.

                                        There's also a nice swimming pool and wide beach for non kite boarder companions who want to join us that weekend.

                                        I'm set to checkout the place Thursday nov 11 for the day. Anybody can join.

                                        Jay Ortiz
                                        Netspeed Software Inc.

                                        Message 19 of 28 , Nov 4, 2011
                                          Caliraya Windsport Association (CWA) members,

                                          This project of ours is finally a reality. It's now up and running. This is however on beta test.

                                          To access the wind speed report here is the link:

                                          You can also view the wind speeds for the last 7 days from the "Past Weather" button on the left of that page. This report is sent by our weather station every 15 minutes. Blue line is the average while the red line is the peak.

                                          To access the live cam here is the link:
                                          Username is caliraya
                                          Password is surfcamp

                                          Enjoy!

                                          Jay Ortiz
                                          IKO Instructor # 4875
                                          Manila Kiteboarding School

                                        • frederic soupart
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Nov 5, 2011
                                            hey jay

                                            Nice to see you are making work of calatagan wicked spot that is i wish i could come with you guys but leaving with my brother to samar and sirgao for 1 month
                                            keep us posted about the event would want to join if it falls in our schedule .

                                            Joan and frederic

                                            To: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com

                                            Message 21 of 28 , Nov 6, 2011
                                              Hi Fred,

                                              Guys it was Fred who told me about this spot more than 2 years ago. Thanks bro! Ok will keep you posted.

                                              So far list of people going are

                                              1. Jay
                                              2. Tony B
                                              3. Anssen B.
                                              4. Popoy B.
                                              5. Joseph C.
                                              6. Carlo L.
                                              7. Peter J.
                                              8. Ton ton(not sure)

                                              Anyone else? We need to know so they can prepare lunch for us. we might bring John Louie as support/caddie.

                                              Jay Ortiz
                                              Netspeed Software Inc.

                                              To: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com

                                              Message 22 of 28 , Nov 8, 2011
                                                hey guys ,

                                                I will try to join you guys not sure if it will fit in our plan need to talk to some people for that while i am
                                                in samar and siargao hope i can make it forsure if you have wind it will be a blast .

                                                greetings joan and frederic

                                                To: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com

                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Nov 14, 2011
                                                    Hi Guys,

                                                    Here is the update on this event. List of attendees

                                                    1. Jay with John Louie so we have kite caddie
                                                    2. Tony B
                                                    3. Anssen B.
                                                    4. Popoy B.
                                                    5. Joseph C.
                                                    6. Carlo L.
                                                    7. Peter J.
                                                    8. Ton ton(not sure)
                                                    9. Fred S. ( not sure)
                                                    10. Jack
                                                    11. Ged
                                                    12. Rico
                                                    13. Dan V.
                                                    14. Ron
                                                    15. Buddy L. ( will confirm by this week)
                                                    16. Antonio B.

                                                    Guys you can bring your partner, girlfriend, wife and kids. We just need the names so they can be given access in the pool area. Please book with them directly.

                                                    For accommodations, here are your options

                                                    1. Villa agustina "jun" 09184805844
                                                    P3,500. / night max 5 pax. All 10 rooms aircon and same size
                                                    Big mansion

                                                    2. Conserve and protect tel num 0928-500-0411 and 0921-227-1345. 5 mins from Playa

                                                    3. blue Waters Calatagan beach house 0908-892-7496 and 7497. You can also email them atbluewaterscalatagan@.... This is the nearest from Playa. About 5 mins car ride. They are renovating and will be open by end of November.

                                                    4. Rongco beach resort- I think they have a website.this is around 4 km from Playa. About 15 mins car trip. Of all the options, this is the farthest. Here is the link http://calatagan.com/ronco/?page_id=12

                                                    5. Tent or trailer home in Playa Calatagan- they have a nice camping area where we plan to have the BBQ dinner on Saturday night. I'm  bringing my trailer home. Dan and Peter too. Please let me know who wants to camp with us in the beach so we can assign the areas.

                                                    Program

                                                    8am breakfast in pool area
                                                    8 to 12 kiteboarding
                                                    12 to 1pm lunch in the tent area
                                                    1:30 to 4pm kiteboard and windsurf clinic and demo. Others can still shred it.
                                                    3:30 burger snacks in the tent Area
                                                    5:30 cocktails and drinks
                                                    7pm BBQ dinner at the camping area

                                                    Free day- we can mountain bike, kite board or windsurf. Bring your own food or just order in the restaurant.

                                                    Need to haves:
                                                    Booties- I'm not sure about the urchin conditions there
                                                    Your gears

                                                    nice to haves:
                                                    Mountain bike - nice trail around the light house

                                                    Let me know who else wants to go. See you all.

                                                    To: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com

                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Nov 14, 2011
                                                      Guys,

                                                      I took down the weather station yesterday. There seems to be a problem with the wind vane since last Sunday afternoon. We will just repair/replace it.

                                                      As for the live cam, my programmers are working on a work around with the smart bro IP limitations. We might be able to broadcast 15 second clips every minute or a still picture that refreshes every minute until we get an IP from smart.

                                                      Jay Ortiz

                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Nov 18, 2011
                                                        Peeps,

                                                        Just got a call from Lanco. The event will be moved to December. The construction of an area is delayed hence the postponement.

                                                        Anyone can still go that weekend if you want.

                                                        Mariel, Edy and Sboy (Galera kite boarders) had just confirmed their attendance in the event the other day.

                                                        Hope we can still all go to the new date. I'll update you when I get the final date but I think it will be on December 3 to 4.

                                                        Spencer, you can now go!

                                                        To: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com

                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Nov 18, 2011
                                                          Hi Jay,

                                                          Hehehe.... Now you can go!

                                                          Hehehe

                                                          Hope to see you in Caliraya this weekend.

                                                          Cheers

                                                          Spencer

                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Nov 21, 2011
                                                            Windspeed is up again since Sunday.

                                                            20 to 30 kts in caliraya today! Me carlo and Peter were there.

                                                            Here is the link again