Re: [manilakiteboarding] Caliraya Wind forecast for the weekend of July 9-10, 2011

  • Shahar Turgeman
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 6, 2011
      Hey uri,

      I might go sunday as well from the same area as u, u can follow me if u want or even ride together.

      Contact me at
      09178449899

      Regards,

      Shahar Turgeman
      Protective Security

      On Jul 6, 2011, at 14:34, singla20@... wrote:

      Thank you so much for the info. It is great.

      Cheers

      Uri

      Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 06:30:16 +0000
      To: Kiteboarding e-group<manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [manilakiteboarding] Caliraya Wind forecast for the weekend of July 9-10, 2011

      Uri,

      You're better off taking the south route...

      From Rockwell, you take the south luzon expressway (slex) the exit Calamba. From Calamba you just follow the highway through Los Banos, Victoria, Pila, Santa Cruz, all the way up to Pagsanjan. When you hit the town proper of pagsanjan, you will reach the pagsanjan church at the end of the road. Turn left and follow the road until you cross a 50meter long concrete bridge known as the Lumban Bridge (formerly Palacol Bridge) at the other end of the bridge, the road will curve to the left. Once you're past the Curve an the road straightens out, you will be about 780meters away from the access road that leads up the mountain to lake Caliraya. There will be a steel roadblock/checkpoint just before you take the road on the right that will lead you up to caliraya. Drive approximately 10kms up the mountain and you will see a sign on the left side of the road that says Surf Kamp. Take a left on that dirt road and you've made it to the home of the Caliraya Windsport Association. :-)

      Hope this helps.

      Buddy Lopa
      IKO Assistant Instructor # 7622

      Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 04:27:32 +0000

      From Rockwell.

      Thanks

      Uri

      From: Jay Ortiz <manilakiteboarding@...>
      Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 12:23:58 +0800 (SGT)

      Uri,

      Caliraya is about 2.5hrs from manila. Where you coming from? It has 2 routes.

      Jay Ortiz
      IKO Instructor #4875
      Manila Kiteboarding School

      From: Buddy Lopa <BuddyLopa@...>
      Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 20:33:39 -0700 (PDT)

      Hi Uri,

      Caliraya will have true Habagat winds this weekend with just light to medium showers.  Windguru forecast for Saturday is 6-7kts (adjusted, you multiply by two and add 1, we're looking at between 12-15kts), Sunday looks a little better with 7-10kts (adjusted 14-21kts).

      See you at the lake (hopefully) this weekend.

      Buddy Lopa
      IKO Asst Instructor # 7622
      Manila Kiteboarding School

      From: Jay Ortiz <manilakiteboarding@...>
      Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 10:53:26 +0800 (SGT)

      Hi Uri,

      We still have to go to your Barcino bar. The forecast is southwest (Habagat). Yup cali might be kiteable. Subic looks windy but heavy rain.

      See you.

      From: Joseph Ryan Consul <joseph.consul@...>
      Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 08:15:55 +0800

      En route now to Caliraya. Forecast at 5-6kts, that's x2 +1 (12 kts max) so bring a big kite if possible. Julius, our point man in Caliraya told me theres Amihan-type wind blowing yesterday. Hope wind will be good. Let's shred!

      Sent from my iPhone 4

      On Jul 1, 2011, at 7:19 PM, John Berry <johnmberry2@...> wrote:

      Hope everyone is well.  Any tips on where to kite this weekend?
      Thanks
      John

      Sent from my iPad

      On Jun 29, 2011, at 12:46 PM, Jim Hooper <jamesahooper@...> wrote:

      Hi Jay,

      I might be interested in coming along. depends what time.   Also where is the resto?

      Regards

      Jim Hooper

      M +63 906 243 1351

      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 6, 2011
        Let's talk on Saturday. Thanks buddy

        From: Shahar Turgeman <secsi1948@...>
        Sender: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 15:38:18 +0800
        To: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com<manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
        Cc: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com<manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com>

        Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 04:27:32 +0000

        From Rockwell.

        Thanks

        Uri

        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 6, 2011

          Hello!
          How are you guys? Looks like there will be a lot of Kiters this coming Sunday. I'm thinking of going too as well. :)

          Thanks,
          Jack

          Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 04:27:32 +0000

          From Rockwell.

          Thanks

          Uri

          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 7, 2011
            Looking into Bataan side for exploring a new cove to kite on Sunday.  Anyone interested?

            Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 04:27:32 +0000

            From Rockwell.

            Thanks

            Uri

[...]

          • Joseph Ryan Consul
            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 7, 2011
              Randell,

              I'm in. I can join you this Sunday since i'll be coming from Cabanatuan (saturday event).

              I was actually exploring to kite in Zambales, along the surf spots there but i'm still having second thoughts. Let me know details on where and what time on sunday you want us to meet.

              0917-8305252. Thanks!

              Joseph

              Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 04:27:32 +0000

              From Rockwell.

              Thanks

              Uri

                Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 04:27:32 +0000

                From Rockwell.

                Thanks

                Uri

              • singla20@gmail.com
                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 9, 2011
                  Finally, I can't go anymore :( anyway next time.

                  Cheers guys

                  Uri

                  Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 04:27:32 +0000

                  From Rockwell.

                  Thanks

                  Uri

                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 9, 2011
                    I'm in for Subic!

                    09178455225 Let's go! I hope the rain stops!

                    Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 04:27:32 +0000

                    From Rockwell.

                    Thanks

                    Uri

                    Message 9 of 22 , Jul 9, 2011
                      Hi Joseph,

                      I'm in Zambales now Pundaquit to be exact. I was surfing anawangin this morning and Pundaquit this afternoon. I don't think there's enough wind. Oh when it's pouring like crazy would they have wind for kite but super gusting.

                      Hope this help.

                      Cheers
                      Spencer

                      Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 04:27:32 +0000

                      From Rockwell.

                      Thanks

                      Uri

                      Message 10 of 22 , Jul 11, 2011
                        Thanks Spencer for the update.

                        Jack and I had a blast riding in Bataan. Thanks Randel for inviting us to your sweet and "secret" spot. Nice 2-3ft waves but its all good.    Can't wait to go back and try some real waveriding action. Argh, miss riding already!

                        Some buddies are surfing in la union this Saturday. Will try my luck there. See u guys!

                        Joseph

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 04:27:32 +0000

                        From Rockwell.

                        Thanks

                        Uri

                        Message 11 of 22 , Jul 12, 2011
                          Anytime.

                          I'll see you in la union if ever I make it this weekend.

                          Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 04:27:32 +0000

                          From Rockwell.

                          Thanks

                          Uri

                          Message 12 of 22 , Jul 12, 2011
                            Hey guys,

                            Sorry for suddenly disappearing from the thread... I got confined at Makati Medical Center early Saturday morning for a multitude of things from a blockage in the brain and a near aneurismic bleed in the brain to pneumonia coupled with emphysemic infection in both my lungs to hypertension.

                            I GUESS ITS TIME TO STOP SMOKING, HUH?!?  DUUUUUHHHH!!!

                            I'm ok but still confined and taking intravenous antibiotics.  should be discharged in a couple of days then take an additional week's rest... in Caliraya??? :-)

                            See you guys around

                            From: J&S <spencer@...>
                            Sender: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
                            Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 16:30:22 +0800 (SGT)
                            To: Manila kiteboArding<manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com>

                            Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 04:27:32 +0000

                            From Rockwell.

                            Thanks

                            Uri

                              From: J&S <spencer@...>
                              Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 16:30:22 +0800 (SGT)
                              To: Manila kiteboArding<manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com>

                              Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 04:27:32 +0000

                              From Rockwell.

                              Thanks

                              Uri

                              Message 14 of 22 , Jul 12, 2011
                                Thanks Luigi... Talagang hindi na tayo bunabataa!!! Pero lumalaban pa!!! Ha ha ha.

                                From: Luigi <jerbe2002@...>
                                Sender: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
                                Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 09:13:19 +0800
                                To: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com<manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com>
                                ReplyTo: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
                                Subject: Re: [manilakiteboarding] out of commission... But not for long!!!

                                From: J&S <spencer@...>
                                Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 16:30:22 +0800 (SGT)
                                To: Manila kiteboArding<manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com>

                                Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 04:27:32 +0000

                                From Rockwell.

                                Thanks

                                Uri

                                Message 15 of 22 , Jul 13, 2011
                                  Hi Jay and the rest of the e group,

                                  Contrary to popular belief, I have not had a sex change... I am quite happy with my "testosterone-charged" self! Although in my 6 days of incarceration, my masculinity was put to the test as I was forcibly violated by at least 15 "pricks" in various parts of my body! On 4 separate occasions, as they would say in the vernacular, " hinalay ang aking dignidad at pagkalalaki" by 2 female nurses, 1 male nurse, and the most dreadful of all, a male specialist who forced me into the procedure without the decency of offering a sedative... Yes I had to watch for 10 arduous minutes as he probed my inner sanctum... At the end of it all, he had the gall to tell me that it was being recorded on optical media and at that very moment, Manong Dibidi was producing pirated copes for sale in divisoria and for uploading on youtube!
                                  Was I in for circumcision, I adamantly deny that as a blatant and vicious rumour spread by those who are just jealous of my current height... I used to be 5 feet 8 inches before I checked in... Peter Javier, I can proudly look down on you. And tell you straight to your FOREHEAD that I did not have a circumcision!!! And, by the way, my voice is two octaves lower but its still me OK!!!
                                  Thanks to all who called and texted for well wishes, I'm being discharged from the hospital now with the same vigor and physical abilities as before. This time around though, I just have to watch my diet and quit smoking.
                                  Expect that I'll still be around to do the things we've all been doing, but I'll just be doing it healthier this time around.
                                  See you guys after my 2 week incubation!

                                  Cheers,
                                  Buddy
                                  Thanks Luigi... Talagang hindi na tayo bunabataa!!! Pero lumalaban pa!!! Ha ha ha.