Re: [manilakiteboarding] Re: Kite schedules this June

  • Joseph Ryan Consul
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 22, 2011
      Hi jay,

      Thought naka connect sa group email yung message ko.

      Anyway, san ride this weekend? I'm ok on Sunday. Natuloy kayo last Monday? How was it?

      From: Jay Ortiz <manilakiteboarding@...>;
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 22, 2011
        Calatagan side this weekend is a potential.  I have been to the Conservation And Protect facility. winds a little cross but good enough to have about 500m of waist deep water from the shore(kung low tide).
        Hoping not to rain this weekend

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 22, 2011
          Bro,

          We did not push tru last monday.
          Looks ok in caliraya this weekend as there are less rain than in subic.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 22, 2011
            HeynGuys,

            Wind looks very good in Caliraya this weekend! Last Sunday morning, wind was a bit crummy andArt, Peter and I were relegated to waiting for squalls on just two occasions.  Max wind was about 14kts.  Come 2:30pm though we took off from Grade 3 in 14 kt winds. Art on a 12, Peter on a 16 and me on a 17.  it was decent riding with 14-16kt winds from Grade 3 to Wallace Point.  Then things started cranking up for a very good habagat ride!  we were getting 15kt ave winds with gusts up to 19kts...

            Peter was screaming all over the place and doing speed runs!  Not sure if it was just because of the winds or because Wallace's dogs were chasing us all the way to Francis Rivera's dock.

            We continued to ride up to Archie King's area where the reach was fantastic, as always.  Art was riding level here and even confessed that, at one point, he wanted to try and go upwind back to surf kamp.

            Peter and I went a bit deeper and played around the area of Maui, the designated landing and pick up point.  Wind was a solid 17kts in this area and we were zigzagging the little islets.  Art stayed between Archie King's and Maui. it was a glorious 90 minute session complete with face plants and a few teabags during the gusts!  All this with a wind guru forecast of 7 kts (14kts adjusted) on Sunday afternoon.\
            So How do you think we'll fare this time around?!? :-)

            I'm probably making it on Sunday... too much work til Saturday!

            See you in the water!  Mahalo!

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 22, 2011

              Hope to see all you boys soon..