Re: Kite schedules this June

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 21, 2011
      Hi Joseph,

      Are you already in the yahoo groups? Lets go kiteboard this weekend!

      Jay Ortiz
      IKO Instructor #4875
      Manila Kiteboarding School

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 22, 2011
        Jay, I was in Zamba last weekend. Pundaquit area.  It was raining like crazy!  Oddly enough, the Habagat wasn't that pronounced.  Nasa mga 10kts lang siguro.  Once in a while it would gust but from experience, downwinder lang ang kakayanin in those conditions.  Pundaquit was flat but a few minutes north in San Narciso, the waves were huge! The current was also very, very strong.  I wasn't there to kite but to surf.

        Any trips out in July?  I'll be in the US for two weeks but raring to kite when I get back,

        Regards,

        MG

        Just wanna ask the group if they have  kiting plans this weekend.

        Was at Subic last sunday, and decided to visit san Antonio in zambales and check out the surfing scene. There were no surfers, but man, the waves out there were ginormous! Takot ako!

        Kitesurfing anyone? Though it looks scary, I'm up for it. Game?

        Sent from my iPhone
      • Joseph Ryan Consul
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 22, 2011
          Hi jay,

          Thought naka connect sa group email yung message ko.

          Anyway, san ride this weekend? I'm ok on Sunday. Natuloy kayo last Monday? How was it?

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 22, 2011
            Calatagan side this weekend is a potential.  I have been to the Conservation And Protect facility. winds a little cross but good enough to have about 500m of waist deep water from the shore(kung low tide).
            Hoping not to rain this weekend

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 22, 2011
              Bro,

              We did not push tru last monday.
              Looks ok in caliraya this weekend as there are less rain than in subic.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 22, 2011
                HeynGuys,

                Wind looks very good in Caliraya this weekend! Last Sunday morning, wind was a bit crummy andArt, Peter and I were relegated to waiting for squalls on just two occasions.  Max wind was about 14kts.  Come 2:30pm though we took off from Grade 3 in 14 kt winds. Art on a 12, Peter on a 16 and me on a 17.  it was decent riding with 14-16kt winds from Grade 3 to Wallace Point.  Then things started cranking up for a very good habagat ride!  we were getting 15kt ave winds with gusts up to 19kts...

                Peter was screaming all over the place and doing speed runs!  Not sure if it was just because of the winds or because Wallace's dogs were chasing us all the way to Francis Rivera's dock.

                We continued to ride up to Archie King's area where the reach was fantastic, as always.  Art was riding level here and even confessed that, at one point, he wanted to try and go upwind back to surf kamp.

                Peter and I went a bit deeper and played around the area of Maui, the designated landing and pick up point.  Wind was a solid 17kts in this area and we were zigzagging the little islets.  Art stayed between Archie King's and Maui. it was a glorious 90 minute session complete with face plants and a few teabags during the gusts!  All this with a wind guru forecast of 7 kts (14kts adjusted) on Sunday afternoon.\
                So How do you think we'll fare this time around?!? :-)

                I'm probably making it on Sunday... too much work til Saturday!

                See you in the water!  Mahalo!

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 22, 2011

                  Hope to see all you boys soon..