Re: [manilakiteboarding] Puerto Galera Kite Safari February 26 Saturday

  • BuddyLopa@mme.ph
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 22, 2011
      Hey Luigi,

      You will definitely be missed. Prayers for you, my friend!

      Buddy

      From: Luigi <jerbe2002@...>
      Sender: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:20:00 +0800
      To: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com<manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [manilakiteboarding] Puerto Galera Kite Safari February 26 Saturday

      Have fun guys will miss this one!

      Luigi

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 23, 2011, at 10:42 AM, Buddy Lopa <BuddyLopa@...> wrote:

      so this is Php 1,500 divided by 4 occupants?  Good rate... what's the catch.... we all sleep on one hammock?  Wow! Spooning!!! Bwahahahaaaaaah! :-)

      From: Jay Ortiz <manilakiteboarding@...>
      To: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, 22 February, 2011, 3:47 PM

      Guys,

      Mariel just told me they will have a finisher medal for those who will be able to cross the channel! This will be given together with the windsurf race awarding on Sunday pm. Lets go. Let me know asap so we can arrange the rooms in Sand Bar Beach.

      So far here are the confirmed peeps:

      1. Jay
      2. Buddy L.
      3. Manny C.
      4.Ming & Tina J.
      5. Art & Freddie P.
      6. Ron
      7. Jack
      8. Peter
      9. Reo
      10. Erwin
      11. Ged

      Last day for confirmation/addition is on Wednesday Feb 23, 2011.

      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 22, 2011
        Hi Luigi,

        We will definitely organize another one in 6 months as a welcome back for you. Prayers for you Brother!

        Buddy,
        yup its P1500 per room or P375 per person.

        What to bring:
        1. Kite for around 12 to 18kts
        2. Bar
        3. Pump
        4. Harness
        5. Wetsuit
        6. Booties (just in case)
        7. Board
        8. Sunblock
        9. Money
        10. Clothes
        11. Chips
        12. Shades
        13. Vitamins (whatever your type is :) )

        pls add if I miss anything.

        No need to bring beer and drinks as Mariel will provide on the boat! Ron is supposed to bring Binalot from Sta Cruz for us all.

        Remember on Sunday we will be exploring other spots to kiteboard!!!!

        From: "Reo" <djreomendoza@...>
        Sender: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 03:31:57 +0000
        To: <manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com

        Do we get to choose who to spoon with?

        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 25, 2011
          Jay

          No sign of your bladders yet ?
          Still very busy with my business .....

          Thinking of you this weekend and wish I could be there even if it was riding the banca and watching you !

          Regards, Brad

          Dr Brad Easton (Hong Kong)
          BVSc(Hons), BSc(Vet)(Hons)
          Master of Vet Clin Studies

          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 25, 2011
            Hey Jay - you guys can stay at my place. 4 up stairs the rest in the sala- no problemo- you can lv the kites in the garden and let's party ;-)))

            Manfred Luig
            +639178138393

            We are having a weekend kite safari crossing the Verde Island Channel to Puerto Galera on February 26 to 27 Saturday to Sunday.

            We will meet at 5am in Shell in Alabang SLEX and head out to Batangas City where the boats will ferry us to Malahibong Manok Island and Lighthouse. We will kiteboard there in the flat water area in the morning. Lunch in the island. Then in the afternoon cross the channel to Puerto Galera. There will be a PWA windsurfing race there that same weekend so we can jam with our windsport brothers and sisters in the evening.

            More kiteboarding on Sunday in the sand bar in Puerto Galera or in Manfred's house beach area.

            First to book first served as we only have limited slots in the boat. Lets go!!!!

            Jay Ortiz
            IKO Instructor #4875
            Manila Kiteboarding School

          • Joseph Ryan Consul
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 26, 2011
              Hey jay! Hope the gang are having a grand time. Sorry can't join you, in boracay now with US relatives. Great wind here as well.

              Don't forget to post your pix and videos! Let's shred!

              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 28, 2011
                Hi Guys,

                It was a great safari! Everyone had fun. We had 14 to 25 kts of wind crossing the channel. It took us total 1.5 hours navigating the 8km channel. As planned we kiteboard in Malahibong manok island for an hour. Had binalot lunch, planned the crossing and way we go! Swells were about 2 to 5 foot. wind towards puerto increased to 25kts overpowering us all. We got to kite around flying fish, passing tanker and a tugboat with a coal carrier in tow. I wanted to jump the tow rope but decided not to since the coal carrier cannot stop in case I get wiped out in front of it.

                Kiteboard Participants were:
                1. Jay
                2. Buddy
                3. Ming Juan
                4. Art
                5. Ron
                6. Chris
                7. Reo
                9. Erwin
                10. Eddie
                11. S-boy
                13. Mariel
                14. Teban L. (on a windsurf)

                Support and cheering were
                1. Freddie P
                2. Tina Juan
                3. Coby and wife
                4. Julius
                5. Miguel and Girlfriend
                6. Teban's Girlfriend

                We had Jeff documenting the whole trip. We will post the video when completed.

                A lot of guys are asking for the next kite safari so here it is! March 25 to 26 in Anilao Batangas. Crossing from Sombrero Island to Ligpo Island! The nice thing about Anilao is if the wind is light then we can either scuba dive or mountain bike!  Mark the date. Lets go!!!

                Lastly, thank you to the Galera guys Mariel, Eddie and S-boy for hosting us and sponsoring the speedboat and big boat! Manfred for hosting us on the Sunday kiteboard session in the beach in front of his house.

                Cheers!

                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 1, 2011
                  I wish I could have been there to see it !
                  Hope you all had a fantastic weekend :-)

                  Regards, Brad

                  Dr Brad Easton (Hong Kong)

                  Hey jay! Hope the gang are having a grand time. Sorry can't join you, in boracay now with US relatives. Great wind here as well.

                  Don't forget to post your pix and videos! Let's shred!

                  Hey Jay - you guys can stay at my place. 4 up stairs the rest in the sala- no problemo- you can lv the kites in the garden and let's party ;-)))

                  Manfred Luig
                   +639178138393  +639178138393

                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 1, 2011
                    Hey Guys,

                    As Jay reported, the NEXT kiteboarding safari will be on March 25-26 at Anilao, Batangas.  Route is from Ligpo Island to Sombrero Island, and will be done in conjunction with the Anilao leg of the Philippine Windsurfing circuit.

                    Here's a map for reference.  For those whot joined the Puerto Galera Safari, the Anilao Safari is going to be almost twice the distance at 15.3 kilometers.  Please check the photo attachment.

                    Although, Jay, I made measurements on Google Earth and it turns out that the distance we covered from Malahibong Manok Island (a.k.a "halfway point") to Puerto Galera is actually 9.2 kilometers (straight line).

                    Dream about it guys and lets do some training... Yeehaaaaaaaah!  Let's Shred!!!

                    BUDDY LOPA
                    IKO Asst. Instructor # 7622