Puerto Galera Kite Safari February 26 Saturday

    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 18, 2011
      Kiteboarders and Windsurfers,

      We are having a weekend kite safari crossing the Verde Island Channel to Puerto Galera on February 26 to 27 Saturday to Sunday.

      We will meet at 5am in Shell in Alabang SLEX and head out to Batangas City where the boats will ferry us to Malahibong Manok Island and Lighthouse. We will kiteboard there in the flat water area in the morning. Lunch in the island. Then in the afternoon cross the channel to Puerto Galera. There will be a PWA windsurfing race there that same weekend so we can jam with our windsport brothers and sisters in the evening.

      More kiteboarding on Sunday in the sand bar in Puerto Galera or in Manfred's house beach area.

      First to book first served as we only have limited slots in the boat. Lets go!!!!

      Jay Ortiz
      IKO Instructor #4875

      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 22, 2011
        Guys,

        Mariel just told me they will have a finisher medal for those who will be able to cross the channel! This will be given together with the windsurf race awarding on Sunday pm. Lets go. Let me know asap so we can arrange the rooms in Sand Bar Beach.

        So far here are the confirmed peeps:

        1. Jay
        2. Buddy L.
        3. Manny C.
        4.Ming & Tina J.
        5. Art & Freddie P.
        6. Ron
        7. Jack
        8. Peter
        9. Reo
        10. Erwin
        11. Ged

        Last day for confirmation/addition is on Wednesday Feb 23, 2011.

        Jay Ortiz
        IKO Instructor #4875
        Manila Kiteboarding School

          We are having a weekend kite safari crossing the Verde Island Channel to Puerto Galera on February 26 to 27 Saturday to Sunday.

          We will meet at 5am in Shell in Alabang SLEX and head out to Batangas City where the boats will ferry us to Malahibong Manok Island and Lighthouse. We will kiteboard there in the flat water area in the morning. Lunch in the island. Then in the afternoon cross the channel to Puerto Galera. There will be a PWA windsurfing race there that same weekend so we can jam with our windsport brothers and sisters in the evening.

          More kiteboarding on Sunday in the sand bar in Puerto Galera or in Manfred's house beach area.

          First to book first served as we only have limited slots in the boat. Lets go!!!!

          Jay Ortiz
          IKO Instructor #4875
          Manila Kiteboarding School

          Hi Jay, Please include in our group Miguel and Rachel and guests of Ming, Shawn Cody and his wife. Freddie and I will be starting from the lake early Saturday morning along with Julious and will meet up with you in Batangas. Thanks Art

        • Manny Cabili
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 22, 2011
            Jay,

            I don't think I can join the crossing on Saturday as I will be crossing with the Anilao guys on windsurfers from Anilao on Friday.
            Ingat kayo.

            Manny

            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 22, 2011
              Guys,

              Here is the new list. We are now 17 pax: I'll book us rooms in the resort. Its quad sharing at P1,500 per room. This is already 50% discount.

              Kiteboarders Crossing:
              1. Jay
              2. Buddy L.
              3. Ged
              4.Ming J.
              5. Art P.
              6. Ron
              7. Jack
              8. Peter
              9. Reo
              10. Erwin

              Joining the trip (not sailing the channel)
              1. Tina Juan
              2. Miguel
              3. Rachel
              4. Shawn Cody
              5. Mrs. Cody
              6. Freddie P. (Kiteboard in the Island)
              7. Julius Non

              Last day for confirmation/addition is today Wednesday Feb 23, 2011. Call or text me.

              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 22, 2011
                so this is Php 1,500 divided by 4 occupants?  Good rate... what's the catch.... we all sleep on one hammock?  Wow! Spooning!!! Bwahahahaaaaaah! :-)

                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 22, 2011
                  Have fun guys will miss this one!

                  Luigi

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 22, 2011
                    Do we get to choose who to spoon with?

                    From: Luigi <jerbe2002@...>
                    Sender: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:20:00 +0800
                    To: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com<manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com>
                    ReplyTo: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 22, 2011
                      Hahaha. Reo, I choose you! Keep your hair long... Its better for my imagination!

                      From: "Reo" <djreomendoza@...>
                      Sender: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
                      Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 03:31:57 +0000
                      To: <manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com>

                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 22, 2011
                        Hey Luigi,

                        You will definitely be missed. Prayers for you, my friend!

                        Buddy

                        Message 11 of 17 , Feb 22, 2011
                          Hi Luigi,

                          We will definitely organize another one in 6 months as a welcome back for you. Prayers for you Brother!

                          Buddy,
                          yup its P1500 per room or P375 per person.

                          What to bring:
                          1. Kite for around 12 to 18kts
                          2. Bar
                          3. Pump
                          4. Harness
                          5. Wetsuit
                          6. Booties (just in case)
                          7. Board
                          8. Sunblock
                          9. Money
                          10. Clothes
                          11. Chips
                          12. Shades
                          13. Vitamins (whatever your type is :) )

                          pls add if I miss anything.

                          No need to bring beer and drinks as Mariel will provide on the boat! Ron is supposed to bring Binalot from Sta Cruz for us all.

                          Remember on Sunday we will be exploring other spots to kiteboard!!!!

                          From: "Reo" <djreomendoza@...>
                          Sender: manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 03:31:57 +0000
                          To: <manilakiteboarding@yahoogroups.com>

                          Message 12 of 17 , Feb 25, 2011
                            Jay

                            No sign of your bladders yet ?
                            Still very busy with my business .....

                            Thinking of you this weekend and wish I could be there even if it was riding the banca and watching you !

                            Regards, Brad

                            Dr Brad Easton (Hong Kong)
                            BVSc(Hons), BSc(Vet)(Hons)
                            Master of Vet Clin Studies

                            Message 13 of 17 , Feb 25, 2011
                              Hey Jay - you guys can stay at my place. 4 up stairs the rest in the sala- no problemo- you can lv the kites in the garden and let's party ;-)))

                              Manfred Luig
                              +639178138393

                              We are having a weekend kite safari crossing the Verde Island Channel to Puerto Galera on February 26 to 27 Saturday to Sunday.

                              We will meet at 5am in Shell in Alabang SLEX and head out to Batangas City where the boats will ferry us to Malahibong Manok Island and Lighthouse. We will kiteboard there in the flat water area in the morning. Lunch in the island. Then in the afternoon cross the channel to Puerto Galera. There will be a PWA windsurfing race there that same weekend so we can jam with our windsport brothers and sisters in the evening.

                              More kiteboarding on Sunday in the sand bar in Puerto Galera or in Manfred's house beach area.

                              First to book first served as we only have limited slots in the boat. Lets go!!!!

                              Jay Ortiz
                              IKO Instructor #4875
                              Manila Kiteboarding School

                            • Joseph Ryan Consul
                              Message 14 of 17 , Feb 26, 2011
                                Hey jay! Hope the gang are having a grand time. Sorry can't join you, in boracay now with US relatives. Great wind here as well.

                                Don't forget to post your pix and videos! Let's shred!

                                Message 15 of 17 , Feb 28, 2011
                                  Hi Guys,

                                  It was a great safari! Everyone had fun. We had 14 to 25 kts of wind crossing the channel. It took us total 1.5 hours navigating the 8km channel. As planned we kiteboard in Malahibong manok island for an hour. Had binalot lunch, planned the crossing and way we go! Swells were about 2 to 5 foot. wind towards puerto increased to 25kts overpowering us all. We got to kite around flying fish, passing tanker and a tugboat with a coal carrier in tow. I wanted to jump the tow rope but decided not to since the coal carrier cannot stop in case I get wiped out in front of it.

                                  Kiteboard Participants were:
                                  1. Jay
                                  2. Buddy
                                  3. Ming Juan
                                  4. Art
                                  5. Ron
                                  6. Chris
                                  7. Reo
                                  9. Erwin
                                  10. Eddie
                                  11. S-boy
                                  13. Mariel
                                  14. Teban L. (on a windsurf)

                                  Support and cheering were
                                  1. Freddie P
                                  2. Tina Juan
                                  3. Coby and wife
                                  4. Julius
                                  5. Miguel and Girlfriend
                                  6. Teban's Girlfriend

                                  We had Jeff documenting the whole trip. We will post the video when completed.

                                  A lot of guys are asking for the next kite safari so here it is! March 25 to 26 in Anilao Batangas. Crossing from Sombrero Island to Ligpo Island! The nice thing about Anilao is if the wind is light then we can either scuba dive or mountain bike!  Mark the date. Lets go!!!

                                  Lastly, thank you to the Galera guys Mariel, Eddie and S-boy for hosting us and sponsoring the speedboat and big boat! Manfred for hosting us on the Sunday kiteboard session in the beach in front of his house.

                                  Cheers!

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Mar 1, 2011
                                    I wish I could have been there to see it !
                                    Hope you all had a fantastic weekend :-)

                                    Regards, Brad

                                    Dr Brad Easton (Hong Kong)

                                    Hey jay! Hope the gang are having a grand time. Sorry can't join you, in boracay now with US relatives. Great wind here as well.

                                    Don't forget to post your pix and videos! Let's shred!

                                    Hey Jay - you guys can stay at my place. 4 up stairs the rest in the sala- no problemo- you can lv the kites in the garden and let's party ;-)))

                                    Manfred Luig
                                     +639178138393  +639178138393

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Mar 1, 2011
                                      Hey Guys,

                                      As Jay reported, the NEXT kiteboarding safari will be on March 25-26 at Anilao, Batangas.  Route is from Ligpo Island to Sombrero Island, and will be done in conjunction with the Anilao leg of the Philippine Windsurfing circuit.

                                      Here's a map for reference.  For those whot joined the Puerto Galera Safari, the Anilao Safari is going to be almost twice the distance at 15.3 kilometers.  Please check the photo attachment.

                                      Although, Jay, I made measurements on Google Earth and it turns out that the distance we covered from Malahibong Manok Island (a.k.a "halfway point") to Puerto Galera is actually 9.2 kilometers (straight line).

                                      Dream about it guys and lets do some training... Yeehaaaaaaaah!  Let's Shred!!!

                                      BUDDY LOPA
                                      IKO Asst. Instructor # 7622