Manila bug report: Shortcut names in titles of weblog posts

  • Dave Winer
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 14, 2004
      A user mistakenly used a title for a post that was the name of something she had defined as a shortcut.

      Specifically: "Bacteria That Strike The Elderly" was defined to point to: xxx.

      The title of the post was "Bacteria That Strike The Elderly" including the quotes.

      She was confused, but it seems this kind of confusion is understandable.

      Anyway, Manila didn't like this, it basically rendered the site unusable. I had to go in behind Manila and fix it in the object database.

      Cure: Double-quotes in titles of weblog posts should be changed to ".

      Dave

    • Patrick Ritchie
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 15, 2004
        This should be a one liner. Just call string.iso8859encode when
        storing the title. Which may take care of other problems we haven't
        thought about...

        Cheers!
        Pat