Mial-to-Weblog

  • Lee Harding
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 10, 2003
      Hello,

      I've been trying to get Mail-to-Weblog working on my non-news site
      (totally default, setup just for testing m2w), and failing. It works
      dine on a similar news-type site. I've been debugging the scripts, and
      It's failing because the variable "client" in the method
      manilaSuite.rpcHandlers.homepage.flip is undefined. I don't know what,
      exactly, that means since flipping the homepage works in general, but
      not when called from manilaSuite.mailToWeblog.checkMail.

      It appears that "client" is supposed to hold the IP address of the
      client computer. It seems odd to me that the checkMail script is
      calling an RPC handler implementation to flip the homepage. Is "client"
      a global variable populated by the RPC system? If so, why does this
      work at all? If not, what the heck is wrong with my setup?

      BTW, I'm a total newbie to Manila.

      Thanks,

      Lee

      autodesk

      Technology Initiator
      Office of the CTO

      lee.harding@... <mailto:lee.harding@...>

      Autodesk, Inc.

      7995 SW Mohawk
      SouthCenter Blg A
      Tualatin, OR 97062, USA

      direct

      fax

      cell

      +1 (503) 692-8309

      +1 (503) 692-1630

      +1 (503) 332-5759

    • Jake Savin
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 10, 2003
        Hi Lee,

        What you've found is actually a bug in
        manilaSuite.rpcHandlers.homepage.flip that was introduced when IP
        address tracking was added. I just released a change which fixes the
        bug, and should make Mail-to-Weblog work for you.

        Update Manila.root to get the fix.

        The checkMail script calls manilaSuite.rpcHandlers.homepage.flip,
        because that's the easiest way to flip the home page outside of the web
        page rendering context. You'll see this kind of thing in a few other
        places in Manila as well.

        Thanks,
        -Jake

        On Friday, October 10, 2003, at 10:23 AM, Lee Harding wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I've been trying to get Mail-to-Weblog working on my non-news site
        > (totally default, setup just for testing m2w), and failing. It works
        > dine on a similar news-type site. I've been debugging the scripts, and
        > It's failing because the variable "client" in the method
        > manilaSuite.rpcHandlers.homepage.flip is undefined. I don't know what,
        > exactly, that means since flipping the homepage works in general, but
        > not when called from manilaSuite.mailToWeblog.checkMail.
        >
        > It appears that "client" is supposed to hold the IP address of the
        > client computer. It seems odd to me that the checkMail script is
        > calling an RPC handler implementation to flip the homepage. Is
        > "client"
        > a global variable populated by the RPC system? If so, why does this
        > work at all? If not, what the heck is wrong with my setup?
        >
        > BTW, I'm a total newbie to Manila.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Lee
      • Lawrence Lee
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 10, 2003
          Thanks Lee, I verified this here and passed along the report.

          Lawrence

        • somerandomstring
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 11, 2003
            Wow, now that's service -- thanks! I wish we could verify and fix
            problems for our customers so quickly.

            BTW, I'm finding Manila to be a very cool tool.

            - Lee