Modernizing the popular themes (was Re: [manila-dev] Missing feature: Delete a post)

  • Dave Winer
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2003
      Oh yeah. I'm right there with you Ryan. One thing we could all do to help each other is come up with a list of modernizations and apply them to all the standard themes, and then re-release them. I've started the list here.

      http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/stories/storyReader$132#32503

      I would be happy to take suggestions and record them, and even coordinate the work if people are willing to volunteer their time.

      Dave

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 30, 2003
        --- In manila-dev@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Winer" <dave@u...> wrote:

        >One thing we could all do to help each other is come up with a list
        of modernizations and apply them to all the standard themes, and then
        re-release them.

        > I would be happy to take suggestions and record them, and even
        coordinate the work if people are willing to volunteer their time.

        Hello all,

        Here are some ideas...

        all <br> tags should be changed to <br />. same for p
        tags.

        replace font tags with more modern HTML. span or div with style
        attribute?

        replace center tag with div with align attribute

        in News Item Template, replace {url} with {link}

        the Popup Text for the News Item Template
        in Manila doesn't list the {link} macro. list the special
        macros in alphabetic order.

        i like to edit my templates in Radio using outlining. when they are
        saved back to the site and viewed in the browser, they are easier to
        sus (figure) out.

        should we be thinking about being as compliant as possible with HTML
        v4.01 or XHTML v1.0?

        http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/index/elements.html

        Those are a few ideas off the top of my head. I'm willing to help
        tweak some templates.

        I'm wondering if we should set up some Manila sites, apply the themes
        we want to work on, give those that want to help ME access and see if
        we can work some of these things out. Of course we should blog the
        tweaks we've made! :-) I'd be willing to host the sites for this
        project if that would be of use. I'm thinking a top level site, with
        some subsites using shared membership.

        Toodle-loooooooo..........
        Thomas

        editHere.com < http://www.editHere.com/ > website hosting service.
        Websites as easy as see it, edit it, save it! (sm)