Welcome to 2010 Mandonotes!

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 13, 2010
      Everyone is new here. If you need help getting started, just start with lesson 1 and spend a week with it. Practice recognizing the open strings of the mandolin on the staff. Remember, don't think note names. just play the string when you see it on the staff. OK - four notes this week is your assignment.

      Joe
    • hayanne28
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 21, 2010
        I feel like a dork. Where do I find the first lesson??? I am (obviously) a beginner here.
        I've owned my mandolin for 2 years, learning by tab and memorizing songs and chords. I need to learn how to really play it.
        Thanks.

      • raharris@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 21, 2010
          No need to feel dorkish -- the location isn't intuitive!  See:

          The first lessons will be the ones posted earliest -- the dates are listed in the far right column.

          Cheers, Robert

          I feel like a dork. Where do I find the first lesson??? I am (obviously) a beginner here.
          I've owned my mandolin for 2 years, learning by tab and memorizing songs and chords. I need to learn how to really play it.
          Thanks.

          --- In mandonotes@yahoogro ups.com, "Joe" <carrmuse@.. .> wrote:

          > Everyone is new here. If you need help getting started, just start with lesson 1 and spend a week with it. Practice recognizing the open strings of the mandolin on the staff. Remember, don't think note names. just play the string when you see it on the staff. OK - four notes this week is your assignment.
          >
          > Joe

        • Joe Carr
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 21, 2010
            Look under "files"

            Joe Carr
            Associate Professor of Music
            South Plains College, Levelland, TX 79336
            (806) 716-2493
            Camp Bluegrass, July 18-23, 2010
            http://www.campbluegrass.com/
            http://mandolinsessions.com
            http://acousticmusician.com/JoeCarr.php
            http://www.myspace.com/httpwwwmyspacecomjoecarr

            I feel like a dork. Where do I find the first lesson??? I am (obviously) a beginner here.
            I've owned my mandolin for 2 years, learning by tab and memorizing songs and chords. I need to learn how to really play it.
            Thanks.

            --- In mandonotes@yahoogro ups.com, "Joe" <carrmuse@.. .> wrote:

            > Everyone is new here. If you need help getting started, just start with lesson 1 and spend a week with it. Practice recognizing the open strings of the mandolin on the staff. Remember, don't think note names. just play the string when you see it on the staff. OK - four notes this week is your assignment.
            >
            > Joe

          • hayanne28
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 21, 2010
              Ta-Dah! Thanks.

              --- In mandonotes@yahoogroups.com, Joe Carr <carrmuse@...> wrote:

              > Look under "files"
              >
              > Joe Carr
              >
              > Associate Professor of Music
              >
              > South Plains College, Levelland, TX 79336
              >
              > (806) 716-2493
              >
              > Camp Bluegrass, July 18-23, 2010
              >
              > http://www.campbluegrass.com/
              >
              > http://mandolinsessions.com
              >
              > http://acousticmusician.com/JoeCarr.php
              >
              > http://www.myspace.com/httpwwwmyspacecomjoecarr

            • Jacque Austin
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 21, 2010

                Don’t feel bad; I’m new too.

                Jacque

                I feel like a dork. Where do I find the first lesson??? I am (obviously) a beginner here.
                I've owned my mandolin for 2 years, learning by tab and memorizing songs and chords. I need to learn how to really play it.
                Thanks.

                --- In mandonotes@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <carrmuse@...> wrote:

                > Everyone is new here. If you need help getting started, just start with
                lesson 1 and spend a week with it. Practice recognizing the open strings of the mandolin on the staff. Remember, don't think note names. just play the string when you see it on the staff. OK - four notes this week is your assignment.

                > Joe

              • Jim C
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 21, 2010
                  this should be an active link that you can click on