RE: [MallinCam] Re: MaximDL

  • Ronald Walter
    Message 1 of 150 , Dec 1, 2010
      Donn & Tom

      I use MaxImDL v5 also, however I use the autoguide section, I know Chris uses the autoguide also, it would be nice to incorporate the Mallincam with MaxIm DL.

      C.S.
      Ronn

      To: mallincam@yahoogroups.com
      From: donnw2@...
      Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 05:34:43 +0000
      Subject: [MallinCam] Re: MaximDL

      Hi Tom:

      Hmmm - I thought I was the only one asking these questions about Mallincam and MaxImDL? Seems there's at least two of us! ;-) I'm trying to use MaxImDL (ver 5 Pro) and FocusMax to get my MicroTouch focuser to autofocus my C11HD with the Mallincam MHCP attached. Doesn't seem to work. My guess is a driver that would allow MaxIm DL to control the MHCP and other Mallincams via the serial port is what's needed. Who can do this? Rock? Cyanogen? Superman? Don't know but sure hope someone does ;-) Cheers...

      Peace & blessings,
      Donn

      --- In mallincam@yahoogroups.com, "tom@..." <tom@...> wrote:

      > It seem that I am the only one on the MaximDL group asking Douglas B
      > George to add an MallinCam driver to his software.
      > If the rest of you join the MaximDL users group and also ask him to do
      > that it might get his attention. The more users using MaximDL with the
      > MallinCam means more business for him.
      >
      > Tom Hilton
      >
      > On 10/2/2010 2:13 PM, Chris wrote:
      > >

      > > --- In mallincam@yahoogroups.com <mailto:mallincam%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > "df.emery" <dfemery@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Dave
      > >
      > > You have some excellent requests and ideas. Unfortunately this is out
      > > of my league, but I would be very interested in learning also how to
      > > write these scripts. Yes the filters that Brian Greenstone created for
      > > the mac/mallincam are awesome. I was watching Don's broadcast last
      > > night and was very impressed with the amp glow and stacking filter. It
      > > would be great to have these filters available for us PC users in the
      > > future. Well we should just be patient and wait to see with what
      > > Stephan Lalonde will come out with.
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > >
      > > Chris A
      > >

      > > > As long as the interface "looks" like a Webcam or Video Capture
      > > Device to NSN, then the Flash/NSN system should attach to it and work
      > > perfectly. This is essentially why a Webcam splitter works... the
      > > output of the camera is replicated. All we are asking for is to direct
      > > the output of the stacker into a splitter-like interface. This will
      > > require some kind of a driver that NSN can attach to, which shouldn't
      > > be too difficult to write, but unfortunately I don't know how to do
      > > it... yet, anyway.
      > > >
      > > > --Dave.
      > > >
      > > > PS- the other thing I might want to add to the 'wish list' is a set
      > > of video/signal-processing filters equivalent to those that Brian
      > > Greenstone has written for Mac OSx. I do, in fact, have a lead on that
      > > one, but it will take some time and experimentation.
      > > >

      > > > --- In mallincam@yahoogroups.com

      > > Mallincam in complete harmony, but I don't see that ever happening.
      > > Maybe Stephan Lalonde will be working on and will surprise us all on
      > > some future fantastic goodies? We are very fortunate to have Stephan
      > > on our side providing his time for us all to enjoy his fantastic software.

      > > viewing but again not on NSN (Flash Player needs to control our frame
      > > grabbers completely) unless there is a way for the program(s) to
      > > connect to NSN without taking over the frame grabber? I think Maxim DL
      > > will do exactly what DSI does with DSS Live. I will try it out when
      > > the skies clear.

      > > well. And if it can be automated in some way using an 'on the fly'
      > > stacker program of some kind (maybe Deep Sky Stacker Live?)... there
      > > ought to be a way to produce stacked images while you watch on your
      > > computer monitor... each new integration frame being added to the stack.

      > > implemented through some other program) would include:

> [...]

    • Dave Goodyear
      Message 150 of 150 , Feb 25, 2012

        Dave Goodyear