Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [makingthings] Stepper Position

Expand Messages
  • Vince Ackerman
    Michael, You guys must be busy.... any chance you ll find a way to update the library to provide for the following: 1. Still desperately need a function to
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 1, 2004
    View Source
    • 0 Attachment
      Michael,

      You guys must be busy.... any chance you'll find a way to update the library to provide for the following:

      1. Still desperately need a function to reset stepper position to zero.

      2. Need to know how to reset module address programatically.... I can do it via Zterm, but would like a way to let the user do it via software.

      Thanks

      Vince

      Re: [makingthings] Stepper Position

      Michael,

      You guys must be busy.... any chance you'll find a way to update the library to provide for the following:

      1. Still desperately need a function to reset stepper position to zero.

      2. Need to know how to reset module address programatically.... I can do it via Zterm, but would like a way to let the user do it via software.

      Thanks

      Vince

      Re: [makingthings] Stepper Position
      Mime-Version: 1.0
      Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
      Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
      Return-Path: : vack@...

      Michael,

      You guys must be busy.... any chance you'll find a way to update the library to provide for the following:

      1. Still desperately need a function to reset stepper position to zero.

      2. Need to know how to reset module address programatically.... I can do it via Zterm, but would like a way to let the user do it via software.

      Thanks

      Vince
    • michael shiloh
      Hi Vince, Yes, we have been very busy, and I apologize for the delay. We are finished, at least for the moment, with those projects, and I will upgrade the
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 1, 2004
      View Source
      • 0 Attachment
        Hi Vince,

        Yes, we have been very busy, and I apologize for the delay. We are finished,
        at least for the moment, with those projects, and I will upgrade the library
        very, very shortly.

        Regards,
        Michael


        On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Vince Ackerman wrote:

        > Michael,
        >
        > You guys must be busy.... any chance you'll find a way to update the library to provide for the following:
        >
        > 1. Still desperately need a function to reset stepper position to zero.
        >
        > 2. Need to know how to reset module address programatically.... I can do it via
        > Zterm, but would like a way to let the user do it via software.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Vince
      • Vince Ackerman
        That s great.... I m kinda in a bind as resetting the positions to zero is a big part of my project. Thanks Vince
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 6, 2004
        View Source
        • 0 Attachment
          That's great.... I'm kinda in a bind as resetting the positions to
          zero is a big part of my project.
          Thanks

          Vince

          On Jun 1, 2004, at 21:56, michael shiloh wrote:

          > Hi Vince,
          >
          > Yes, we have been very busy, and I apologize for the delay. We are
          > finished,
          > at least for the moment, with those projects, and I will upgrade the
          > library
          > very, very shortly.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Michael
        • michael shiloh
          Hi Vince,I ve finished the code (I think) so I thought I d give you an early look. I m still documenting the header file so please ignore the comments; most
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 7, 2004
          View Source
          • 0 Attachment
            Hi Vince,

            I've finished the code (I think) so I thought I'd give you an early
            look. I'm still documenting the header file so please ignore the
            comments; most are just copied from the first.

            I've included a not-so-great sample app which hopefully will give
            some ideas of how to use this.

            I welcome your feedback.

            Michael

            On Sun, 6 Jun 2004, Vince Ackerman wrote:

            > That's great.... I'm kinda in a bind as resetting the positions to
            > zero is a big part of my project.
            > Thanks
            >
            > Vince
            >
            > On Jun 1, 2004, at 21:56, michael shiloh wrote:
            >
            > > Hi Vince,
            > >
            > > Yes, we have been very busy, and I apologize for the delay. We are
            > > finished,
            > > at least for the moment, with those projects, and I will upgrade the
            > > library
            > > very, very shortly.
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > > Michael
            >
          • michael shiloh
            Sorry, everyone; I meant for that to go to Vince, and not the entire list. I hope the large attachements haven t caused anyone grief. Terribly sorry, Michael
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 7, 2004
            View Source
            • 0 Attachment
              Sorry, everyone; I meant for that to go to Vince, and not the entire list.
              I hope the large attachements haven't caused anyone grief.

              Terribly sorry,

              Michael


              On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, michael shiloh wrote:

              > Hi Vince,
              >
              > I've finished the code (I think) so I thought I'd give you an early
              > look. I'm still documenting the header file so please ignore the
              > comments; most are just copied from the first.
              >
              > I've included a not-so-great sample app which hopefully will give
              > some ideas of how to use this.
              >
              > I welcome your feedback.
              >
              > Michael
            • Vince Ackerman
              Michael Getting a link error: ZeroLink: unknown symbol _TStepAuto_motorCurrentSet for function call: TeleoError TStepAuto_motorCurrentSet( TStepAuto*
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 14, 2004
              View Source
              • 0 Attachment
                Michael

                Getting a link error: ZeroLink: unknown symbol
                '_TStepAuto_motorCurrentSet'

                for function call: TeleoError TStepAuto_motorCurrentSet( TStepAuto*
                tStepAuto, int16 motorCurrent );

                Is there something wrong in the library or is it me?

                Vince


                On Jun 6, 2004, at 09:35, michael shiloh wrote:

                > Hi Vince,
                >
                > I've actually been working on this over the weekend (in between family
                > activities). Somehow TeleoStepper slipped out with some serious
                > shortcomings, and a wrong name, so I'm writing the correct header file
                > (TeleoStepperAuto.h, to contrast TeleoStepperLow.h) and implementing
                > all
                > the functions (the reset wasn't the only one left out). You will have
                > to change some function names, but it will make more sense, I hope.
                >
                > Regards,
                > Michael
                >
                > On Sun, 6 Jun 2004, Vince Ackerman wrote:
                >
                >> That's great.... I'm kinda in a bind as resetting the positions to
                >> zero is a big part of my project.
                >> Thanks
                >>
                >> Vince
                >>
                >> On Jun 1, 2004, at 21:56, michael shiloh wrote:
                >>
                >>> Hi Vince,
                >>>
                >>> Yes, we have been very busy, and I apologize for the delay. We are
                >>> finished,
                >>> at least for the moment, with those projects, and I will upgrade the
                >>> library
                >>> very, very shortly.
                >>>
                >>> Regards,
                >>> Michael
                >>
                >
              • michael shiloh
                It seems that the header file incorrectly provides TStepAuto_motorCurrentSet(...). You can t (or rather shouldn t be allowed to) set the motor current - it s a
                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 15, 2004
                View Source
                • 0 Attachment
                  It seems that the header file incorrectly provides TStepAuto_motorCurrentSet(...).
                  You can't (or rather shouldn't be allowed to) set the motor current - it's a
                  read-only property.

                  You can, however, set maximum motor current; perhaps that's what you had intended?

                  TStepAuto_motorCurrentMaxSet(...)

                  I will remove the TStepAuto_motorCurrentSet(...) from the header file. Thanks
                  for pointing this out to me.

                  Michael







                  On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Vince Ackerman wrote:

                  > Michael
                  >
                  > Getting a link error: ZeroLink: unknown symbol
                  > '_TStepAuto_motorCurrentSet'
                  >
                  > for function call: TeleoError TStepAuto_motorCurrentSet( TStepAuto*
                  > tStepAuto, int16 motorCurrent );
                  >
                  > Is there something wrong in the library or is it me?
                  >
                  > Vince
                  >
                  >
                  > On Jun 6, 2004, at 09:35, michael shiloh wrote:
                  >
                  > > Hi Vince,
                  > >
                  > > I've actually been working on this over the weekend (in between family
                  > > activities). Somehow TeleoStepper slipped out with some serious
                  > > shortcomings, and a wrong name, so I'm writing the correct header file
                  > > (TeleoStepperAuto.h, to contrast TeleoStepperLow.h) and implementing
                  > > all
                  > > the functions (the reset wasn't the only one left out). You will have
                  > > to change some function names, but it will make more sense, I hope.
                  > >
                  > > Regards,
                  > > Michael
                  > >
                  > > On Sun, 6 Jun 2004, Vince Ackerman wrote:
                  > >
                  > >> That's great.... I'm kinda in a bind as resetting the positions to
                  > >> zero is a big part of my project.
                  > >> Thanks
                  > >>
                  > >> Vince
                  > >>
                  > >> On Jun 1, 2004, at 21:56, michael shiloh wrote:
                  > >>
                  > >>> Hi Vince,
                  > >>>
                  > >>> Yes, we have been very busy, and I apologize for the delay. We are
                  > >>> finished,
                  > >>> at least for the moment, with those projects, and I will upgrade the
                  > >>> library
                  > >>> very, very shortly.
                  > >>>
                  > >>> Regards,
                  > >>> Michael
                  > >>
                  > >
                  >
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.