feeling in the community

  • intuition23
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2003
      Hi there,
      I know that there is still a lot of discussion around the area,
      nation, and world about the tragic events of the past week or so. It
      is strange to see our corner of the universe thrown in the spotlight
      by something so awful. I hope that people who live outside the area
      realize that it is an amazing place to grow up and to visit. It
      seems as if more people (rather than less) people will be visiting
      the area in interest of learning more about their Swedish roots and
      taking in the beauty of Northern Maine... and maybe that is the
      silver lining in the dark cloud over us... I am getting married on
      Cross Lake this summer and will be bringing many people from Southern
      Maine and other states (and possible one person from Sweden!)who have
      never been to Northern Maine and I will be proud to show them around
      our special communities. I'm proud to be from a place that does not
      forget its roots.

      My heart goes out to those who are still sick or in mourning... my
      thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care.

      :) Jess Plourde
      jess_plourde@...