Re: ELCA New Sweden

  • Bill Duncan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2003
      Re: ELCA New Sweden Delaine,
      Thank you so much for your concern. I am sending this to a small email group in the Swedish Colony.
      ----
      Bill Duncan

      on 5.2.03 10:31 AM, BJERKEDELAINE@... at BJERKEDELAINE@... wrote:

      Hi!  I saw the story on the ELCA church in New Sweden on the Today Show this morning.  I am a member of the ELCA church, grew up in Minnesota in the Norwegian tradition.  When hearing that the church is also between ministers (which is stressful in itself) and the tragedy of Sunday morning, I want to contact the church or a leading lay person to lend my support.  Unfortunately, my search only leads me to historical sites or official townsites, which is where I found your address.  Since the name Duncan showed up several times (yours along with Jean's, who seems to have found an old church photo) I thought you seemed well connected in the town and I'd try you.
      Please send on my condolences and prayers to the people of GA (spelling unknown).  Let them know that the larger Lutheran community is thinking of them and hoping for a quick end to the uncertainty they must feel at this time.   A Beautitude keeps ringing in my mind, "Blessed are those who mourn".  May they find comfort in their faith.
      Also, my prayers for the entire town are sent with this message.  All the lives in the community have been touched, I'm sure, and the disruption of daily life must be disturbing.
      Thank you.  I hope you will forward this, share it, whatever seems appropriate.
      In Prayer,
      Delaine Bjerke
      Saint Peters, MO  63376
      bjerkedelaine@...