[Fwd: [Sweden] Brooklyn Eagle Newspaper database online]

  • Roy Arndt
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 13, 2003
      Search on word "Sweden" gives an article on New Sweden in Maine, Roy Arndt

      Chris Troy wrote:

      The Brooklyn Eagle newspaper from 1841-1902 has a searchable database
      online. If you do a search on the word "Swedish" you will get more than
      34000 hits.  As many Swedish migrants settled in this area some of you
      may find interesting information here.

      The database is still under construction so there will be times when it
      is not functioning properly.  They anticipate that it will be finalised
      in the summer of 2003:

      http://eagle.brooklynpubliclibrary.org/

      Happy hunting, Chris

    • jeanbduncan
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 14, 2003
        It is amazing to find these old newspaper accounts online. There are many
        fascinating entries, but one of interest to folks here in the Swedish colony
        regards the 30th year anniversary in 1900.

        http://eagle.brooklynpubliclibrary.org/Repository/ml.asp?Issue=BEG/1900/06/
        30&ID=Ar01301&Mode=Gif

        Thanks to those who have made this available to us!

        --- In maineswedishcolony@yahoogroups.com, Roy Arndt <rarndt@m...>