RE: [maineswedishcolony] FW: new sweden lutheran (?) church photo

  • Peter Bolster
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 11, 2003
      I looked at the pictures in the most recent History of Gustavus Adolphus,
      and while the steeple top looks similar, it is outside the main roof and the
      windows are very different. I don't think it is either church, unless major
      renovations to the exterior have taken place pre-1900. It also seems to be
      on a hill.
      Peter Bolster

      From: jean duncan <jeanbduncan@...>
      Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 17:50:48 -0800 (PST)
      To: duncan@...
      Subject: new sweden lutheran church photo

      http://www.rubylane.com/ni/shops/mainetique/iteml/RL0311-535N

      To learn more about the maineswedishcolony group, please visit::
      To send a message to all members of this group, reply to this message or
      simply send email to: <maineswedishcolony@yahoogroups.com>
      Please let me know if you run into any problems with this service. Bill
      Duncan, <duncan@...> (personal email) Sorry about the sleazy

    • arline ferguson
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 16, 2003
        I think it is the Covenant church..have some early pictures of GA and it
        looks different. Arline
        > Jean found this old photo for sale on the web. She thinks it is G.A.
        > Lutheran but I wonder if it is the Covenant church.
        >

        > -----
        > Bill Duncan
        > E-mail: duncan@...
        >
        > Mail:
        > 203 South Madawaska Lake Rd.
        > HC 61 Box 547
        > Stockholm, ME 04783
        > Phone 207-896-3461
        >

        > ----------
        > From: jean duncan <jeanbduncan@...>
        > Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 17:50:48 -0800 (PST)
        > To: duncan@...
        > Subject: new sweden lutheran church photo
        >
        > http://www.rubylane.com/ni/shops/mainetique/iteml/RL0311-535N

        > To learn more about the maineswedishcolony group, please visit::
        > To send a message to all members of this group, reply to this message or
        simply send email to: <maineswedishcolony@yahoogroups.com>
        > Please let me know if you run into any problems with this service. Bill
        Duncan, <duncan@...> (personal email) Sorry about the sleazy

      • Debbie Blanchette
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 16, 2003
          Hi Arlene.
          I purchased the picture so we can look at more and see if we can figure
          what church it is....

          Debbie

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          > Participate in Maine Swedish Colony's Egroup site:
          > To send a message, reply to this message or send email to:
          maineswedishcolony@yahoogroups.com
          > Report problems to Bill Duncan, duncan@.... This list is
          "unmoderated," sorry if unwanted messages slip through. To unsubscribe, send
          email: