FW: new sweden lutheran (?) church photo

  • Bill Duncan
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 10, 2003
      Jean found this old photo for sale on the web. She thinks it is G.A.
      Lutheran but I wonder if it is the Covenant church.

      -----
      Bill Duncan
      E-mail: duncan@...

      Mail:
      203 South Madawaska Lake Rd.
      HC 61 Box 547
      Stockholm, ME 04783
      Phone 207-896-3461

      ----------
      From: jean duncan <jeanbduncan@...>
      Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 17:50:48 -0800 (PST)
      To: duncan@...
      Subject: new sweden lutheran church photo

      http://www.rubylane.com/ni/shops/mainetique/iteml/RL0311-535N
    • Peter Bolster
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 11, 2003
        I looked at the pictures in the most recent History of Gustavus Adolphus,
        and while the steeple top looks similar, it is outside the main roof and the
        windows are very different. I don't think it is either church, unless major
        renovations to the exterior have taken place pre-1900. It also seems to be
        on a hill.
        Peter Bolster

        From: jean duncan <jeanbduncan@...>
        Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 17:50:48 -0800 (PST)
        To: duncan@...

        http://www.rubylane.com/ni/shops/mainetique/iteml/RL0311-535N

        To learn more about the maineswedishcolony group, please visit::
        To send a message to all members of this group, reply to this message or
        simply send email to: <maineswedishcolony@yahoogroups.com>
        Please let me know if you run into any problems with this service. Bill
        Duncan, <duncan@...> (personal email) Sorry about the sleazy

      • Dan Olson
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 11, 2003
          Hi all,
          It is not the Covenant Church-- the steeple is wrong, and the tops of the windows are pointed, instead of rounded like at the Covenant Church. It probably is G.A. Lutheran.

          Dan Olson

          From: jean duncan <jeanbduncan@...>
          Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 17:50:48 -0800 (PST)
          To: duncan@...

          http://www.rubylane.com/ni/shops/mainetique/iteml/RL0311-535N

          To send a message to all members of this group, reply to this message or simply send email to: &lt;maineswedishcolony@yahoogroups.com&gt;
          Please let me know if you run into any problems with this service. Bill Duncan, &lt;duncan@...&gt; (personal email) Sorry about the sleazy ads.

        • arline ferguson
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 16, 2003
            I think it is the Covenant church..have some early pictures of GA and it
            looks different. Arline
            > Jean found this old photo for sale on the web. She thinks it is G.A.
            > Lutheran but I wonder if it is the Covenant church.
            >

            > -----
            > Bill Duncan
            > E-mail: duncan@...
            >
            > Mail:
            > 203 South Madawaska Lake Rd.
            > HC 61 Box 547
            > Stockholm, ME 04783
            > Phone 207-896-3461
            >

            > ----------
            > From: jean duncan <jeanbduncan@...>
            > Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 17:50:48 -0800 (PST)
            > To: duncan@...
            > Subject: new sweden lutheran church photo
            >
            > http://www.rubylane.com/ni/shops/mainetique/iteml/RL0311-535N

            > To learn more about the maineswedishcolony group, please visit::
            > To send a message to all members of this group, reply to this message or
            simply send email to: <maineswedishcolony@yahoogroups.com>
            > Please let me know if you run into any problems with this service. Bill
            Duncan, <duncan@...> (personal email) Sorry about the sleazy

          • Debbie Blanchette
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 16, 2003
              Hi Arlene.
              I purchased the picture so we can look at more and see if we can figure
              what church it is....

              Debbie

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              > Participate in Maine Swedish Colony's Egroup site:
              > To send a message, reply to this message or send email to:
              maineswedishcolony@yahoogroups.com
              > Report problems to Bill Duncan, duncan@.... This list is
              "unmoderated," sorry if unwanted messages slip through. To unsubscribe, send
              email: