The New Sweden Waltz

  • Dan Olson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2002
      Does anyone know where I can find the words and music to a song from about
      1930 called "The New Sweden Waltz" by Bob Johnson? Johnson was a champion
      ski marathoner and a popular accordian player in New Sweden and Caribou in
      the 1930's. He wrote "The New Sweden Waltz" in Swedish, and later there was
      an English translation. The song tells about the different parts of the town
      of New Sweden and some of the people who lived here.

      Any tips about where I can find this song would be appreciated!

      Dan Olson
      P.O. Box 8
      New Sweden ME 04762
      tel. (207)896-5266