Fwd: Lina Sandell Hymns

  • Bill@BillDuncan.info
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 2012

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: Edward Carhart <CARHART@...>
      Date: July 16, 2012 9:20:11 AM EDT
      Subject: RE: [maineswedishcolony] Fwd: Lina Sandell Hymns

      Thanks Bill,

      I was able to start a search on some of those websites. I’ll keep digging. I have at least found about 10 of her songs in English and the music so far.

      Thankls.

      Ed Carhart

      carhart@...

      From: Judith […]

      Date: July 13, 2012 1:22:42 PM EDT

      Mr. Carhart,
       I looked up Lina Sandell info on a search last evening to find more about her and her music. I did find out quite a bit. I was not familiar with her before reading your email. I also located a couple sites in my search that have some of her music available to listen to online. My deceased maternal grandfather was a Sandell and his family lived in Smaland like Lina Sandell-Berg, but he was born in the 1880's a generation later.
       Possibly someone else at maineswedishcolony@... might know where you get some of her music. Since she was born in 1832 & passed on in 1903 that would be before phonograph records were developed.
       That is about all I can find for now.
                                                            Judith

      1