Arndt

  • sjoberca
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 17, 2002
      I am interested in locating relatives of Frida Arndt, New Sweden,
      Maine, who married Peter N. Nelson, Westmanland, Maine on May 15,
      1912. I would appreciate any info, Thnks, Roy Arndt, Falcon Lake,
      Manitoba, Canada.
    • Rita/Andy Olson
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 18, 2002
        I have forwarded your message to someone, I hope, can give you some
        information.
        if they can't I'm sure they will forward it to someone also.......

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 18, 2002
          Rita/Andy Olson, I thank you for the reply, is there a listing of early Swedish Settlers in the area? I believe some of the settlers
          originated from Sweden in the same area as my ancestors, thanks for any info, Roy Arndt.

          Rita/Andy Olson wrote:

          > I have forwarded your message to someone, I hope, can give you some
          > information.
          > if they can't I'm sure they will forward it to someone also.......

        • Carolyn Hildebrand
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 21, 2002
            Roy, my name is Carolyn Hildebrand. I am currently president of the New
            Sweden Historical Society. I will try to find out any info I can for you.
            I checked the list of Declarations of Intention and Naturalizations in New
            Sweden, ME 1873-1900. I found 3 Peter Nelson's-
            Peter H. Nelson WP, No. 7-249, born 1855, arrived 1871, naturalized
            March 4, 1880 (appears to have been unmarried at this time)
            Peter Nelson, WP, No. 10-78, arrived 1884, naturalized December 13,
            1894. Peter Nelson declared his intent in the Supreme Judiciary of
            Piscataquis County, Dover, ME Dec 27, 1891, at which time he stated his age
            was 30.
            Per W. Nelson, No. 10-130, born 1838, arrived 1883, naturalized Dec. 11,
            1899. Per Nelson born Jan 11, 1838, died June 12, 1903 is buried in the
            Westmanland Cemetery-Tombstone inscription in New Sweden.
            I obtained this info from the "Swedish American Genealogist" publication.
            There is a book printed in 1970 by Richard Hede called Maine's Swedish
            Colony. This is a thick blue book, not indexed, containing collections of
            info on the early settlers. I will try to go through this over the next few
            days to see if anything of interest to you might be in it. Did you check
            the town marriage records for Frida's parents names?
            I will get back to you...Carolyn

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            > > To learn more about the maineswedishcolony group, please visit::
            > > To send a message to all members of this group, reply to this message or
            simply send email to: <maineswedishcolony@yahoogroups.com>
            > > Please let me know if you run into any problems with this service. Bill
            Duncan, <duncan@...> (personal email)

            > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            > To learn more about the maineswedishcolony group, please visit:: <http://g
            roups.yahoo.com/group/maineswedishcolony>
            > To send a message to all members of this group, reply to this message or
            simply send email to: <maineswedishcolony@yahoogroups.com>
            > Please let me know if you run into any problems with this service. Bill
            Duncan, <duncan@...> (personal email)

          • David Larsson
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 22, 2002
              When I read this original inquiry, I knew that if I called my father,
              he'd likely know something about the people involved. My father is John
              A. Larsson, born 1920 in New Sweden (grandson of L.P. Larsson, founder
              of the Jemtland store, referenced a couple of times on the Colony's
              webpage at http://www.geocities.com/mscguide/nshist.html
              <http://www.geocities.com/mscguide/nshist.html> ).

              Sure enough, my father remembers Peter Nelson quite well. In fact, he
              informs me that Peter Nelson gave him his first haircut! My father
              reports that there is at least one Nelson relative now living in the New
              Sweden area: Mrs. Frances Nelson, who was in my father's class at
              Jemtland grammar school. Mrs. Nelson married Ralph Nelson, who was a
              nephew of Peter. Yahoo shows a Frances Nelson with an addresss on
              Station Rd, New Sweden, ME 04762-0000.

              My father believes that Frida Arndt came to New Sweden from the midwest:
              Chicago, he would guess, but he isn't sure.

              Frida and Peter adopted a daughter, Virginia (called "Virgie"), who
              married Clarence Malm and lived in the New Sweden area for several
              years. After WWII, they moved to the "Little Maine" area of upstate New
              York, west of the Finger Lakes.

              Feel free to contact my father. He now lives at The Arbors, 403 West
              Center St., Apt 230, Manchester, CT 06040.

              David J. Larsson
              Marvin, Larsson, Henkin & Scheuritzel
              Centre Square West
              Suite 3510
              1500 Market Street
              Philadelphia, PA 19102
              office email: <mailto:dlarsson@...>
              dlarsson@...
              office phone: 215.656 4221
              > Rita/Andy Olson, I thank you for the reply, is there a listing of
              early
              Swedish Settlers in the area? I believe some of the settlers
              > originated from Sweden in the same area as my ancestors, thanks for
              any
              info, Roy Arndt.

              > Rita/Andy Olson wrote:
              >
              > > I have forwarded your message to someone, I hope, can give you some
              > > information.
              > > if they can't I'm sure they will forward it to someone also.......

            • Debbie
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 23, 2002
                Dear David,
                Isn't technology wonderful? I knew someone would answer this
                question........
                > When I read this original inquiry, I knew that if I called my father,
                > he'd likely know something about the people involved. My father is John
                > A. Larsson, born 1920 in New Sweden (grandson of L.P. Larsson, founder
                > of the Jemtland store, referenced a couple of times on the Colony's
                > webpage at http://www.geocities.com/mscguide/nshist.html
                > <http://www.geocities.com/mscguide/nshist.html> ).
                >
                > Sure enough, my father remembers Peter Nelson quite well. In fact, he
                > informs me that Peter Nelson gave him his first haircut! My father
                > reports that there is at least one Nelson relative now living in the New
                > Sweden area: Mrs. Frances Nelson, who was in my father's class at
                > Jemtland grammar school. Mrs. Nelson married Ralph Nelson, who was a
                > nephew of Peter. Yahoo shows a Frances Nelson with an addresss on
                > Station Rd, New Sweden, ME 04762-0000.
                >
                > My father believes that Frida Arndt came to New Sweden from the midwest:
                > Chicago, he would guess, but he isn't sure.
                >
                > Frida and Peter adopted a daughter, Virginia (called "Virgie"), who
                > married Clarence Malm and lived in the New Sweden area for several
                > years. After WWII, they moved to the "Little Maine" area of upstate New
                > York, west of the Finger Lakes.
                >
                > Feel free to contact my father. He now lives at The Arbors, 403 West
                > Center St., Apt 230, Manchester, CT 06040.
                >
                > David J. Larsson
                > Marvin, Larsson, Henkin & Scheuritzel
                > Centre Square West
                > Suite 3510
                > 1500 Market Street
                > Philadelphia, PA 19102
                > office email: <mailto:dlarsson@...>
                > dlarsson@...
                > office phone: 215.656 4221

              • dlarsson2002
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 5, 2002
                  I believe that Mr. Arndt intended to post this on the message board: