Re:Nicholas Nelson

  • jeanbduncan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2002
      Helen Nelson Jarvis: At the Celebration on Sunday Jan. 20, I was
      excited to have an opportunity to look at the family history that you
      wrote! The Woodland Historical Society had their copy on display.
      (Thanks also to Herb and Janet Ketch for sharing some Woodland history
      with me.)
      Thank you for sharing information about your grandfather and father,
      Andreas and Nicholas Nelson. It helps me to understand and learn more
      about the community where my ancestors lived
      I found one other bit of information in my great-uncle's letters home
      (http://www.geocities.com/harrybuzzell/) regarding your father, I
      think: (this is from a letter written by Harry Buzzell on Jan. 11,
      1917 in Hartford, Conn. to his mother, Mary Thomas Buzzell, in Colby)
      "[Uncle Joe] is very good to talk with and he asks a lot of questions
      in regard to the folks the horses and crops and all about the new city
      [Colby] up there. He had quite a laugh about the time he was up there
      and he went down to the Nelson place to thrash do you remember how
      mudy [muddy] it was."
      I hope to be able to read your family history in detail sometime!
      Jean Buzzell Duncan --- In maineswedishcolony@y..., helenjar@a...