Re: [maineswedishcolony] Blacksmith

  • Blanchette Family
    Message 1 of 4 , May 9, 2009
      Jean,
          Isn't this person  a son of Captain Clase, only with a C?
      Debbie
      Message 2 of 4 , May 10, 2009
        Yes, this person, Carl (Karl) H. Clase, is the son of Captain Clase which is why I thought it was so interesting in light of the new project to restore the Clase house and also in that they were members of the very first immmigration group to New Sweden. I wondered if Carl H. Clase may have had his blacksmith shop near the Clase home or even on the same property?

        Message 3 of 4 , May 10, 2009
          Jean
              This would definitely be a question for my cousin, Gordon Espling. His grandmother was Agnes Anderson.
          Debbie