Blacksmith

  • jeanbduncan
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2009
      The 1930 New Sweden Census lists Carl H. Clase, age 69, as a blacksmith with his own shop. Does anyone know the location of said shop?
    • Blanchette Family
      Message 2 of 4 , May 9, 2009
        Jean,
            Isn't this person  a son of Captain Clase, only with a C?
        Debbie
        The 1930 New Sweden Census lists Carl H. Clase, age 69, as a blacksmith with his own shop. Does anyone know the location of said shop?

        Internal Virus Database is out of date.
      • jean duncan
        Message 3 of 4 , May 10, 2009
          Yes, this person, Carl (Karl) H. Clase, is the son of Captain Clase which is why I thought it was so interesting in light of the new project to restore the Clase house and also in that they were members of the very first immmigration group to New Sweden. I wondered if Carl H. Clase may have had his blacksmith shop near the Clase home or even on the same property?

          Message 4 of 4 , May 10, 2009
            Jean
                This would definitely be a question for my cousin, Gordon Espling. His grandmother was Agnes Anderson.
            Debbie