new colony web site

  • Bill@BillDuncan.info
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 17, 2009
      Just a quick note.
      I have redesigned the Maine Swedish Colony web site and moved it to:
      http://www.maineswedishcolony.info/
      There is a draft of the Midsommar Calendar there.

      For the foreseeable future, I intend to leave the old site up
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/maineswedishcolony/
      with just a link to the new site. I will not be updating the older site.

      --Bill Duncan
      --

      Other Colony contacts:

      Debbie Eustis-Grandy, president
      New Sweden Historical Society
      PO Box 33
      New Sweden, ME 04762
      Hm: (207) 896-5240
      lakka@...
      or
      Gary Dickinson and Bernice Randolph
      Hm: (207) 896-5844
      lggmfgr@...

      John & Rosemary Hede
      Stockholm Historical Society
      Stockholm, ME 04783
      Hm: (207) 896-3177
      jhede@...

      Linda Norsworthy
      Woodland Historical Society
      Hm: (207) 498-3081

      Bill Duncan, president
      Bill & Jean Duncan
      bill@...
      Maine's Swedish Colony Inc.
      PO Box 50
      New Sweden, ME 04762
      HM (207) 896-3461
    • Mack
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 17, 2009
        It looks like the link to the schedule is still the 2008 schedule.  Can't wait to see the 2009 schedule.

        lakka@atiwi. com
        lggmfgr@hotmail. com

        John & Rosemary Hede
        Stockholm Historical Society
        Stockholm, ME 04783
        Hm: (207) 896-3177
        jhede@...

        Linda Norsworthy
        Woodland Historical Society
        Hm: (207) 498-3081

        Bill Duncan, president
        Bill & Jean Duncan
        bill@BillDuncan. info
        Maine's Swedish Colony Inc.
        PO Box 50
        New Sweden, ME 04762
        HM (207) 896-3461

      • Kate Quin-Easter
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 18, 2009

          Oh! Much nicer. Thank you. I can't wait to see the finished product. Is this live or in debut?

          I know that the page is 'under construction,' but I wouldn't put that on the header. It's a nice,  site as it stands right now and black/bold text with multiple exclamation points detracts from the impact. A simple italicized, smaller sized font "This site is under construction. Comments may be directed to...." would suffice.

          Also, the 2nd news feature has "Clase house" spelled incorrectly.

          Looking forward to the Dala Horses again!
          Kate

          Windows Live™ Groups: Create an online spot for your favorite groups to meet. Check it out.