Center for Maine History

  • Kate Quin-Easter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2002

      For all of you in or around the Portland area:

      The Center for Maine History presents a noontime lecture from Glenn Parkinson, Stories From Maine's Skiing Heritage. February 5, 2002 at noon.

      (the following is the abstract from the Center's membership flyer) The sport of skiing was brought to Maine in the 1870s by the Swedish immigrants who settled the town of New Sweden. Join Glenn Parkinson, author of the award winning book First Tracks: Stories from Maine's Skiing Heritage, to learn more about the history of one of our favorite winter sports.

      Other than that, looking forward to the daily dose of home, folklore, and stories about the Swedish Colony. If any of you see my parents (Nancy Hudak or Ernie Easter) say hello for me. ; )

      Thanks,
      Kate

      "There may be something in what you say, Rabbit," he said at last.
      "I must move about more. I must come and go."
      "That's right, Eeyore. Drop in on any of us at any time, when you feel like it."
      "Thank-you, Rabbit. And if anybody says in a Loud Voice 'Bother, it's Eeyore,' I can drop out again."