Re: MIDSOMMAR RESEARCH

  • Bill Duncan
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2007
      Thanks Gaylen,
      I think Leah has joined this group by now but I did suggest she send
      her address directly to just you.

      Jean and I are still in the grips of cabin fever but the extra
      evening light helps. The snow pack on lake road just started breaking
      down yesterday. It was slow going coming home last night (from
      the Midsommar planning meeting at Debbie Blanchette's) however for
      this morning's commute, Brian scraped off the mush. The rain and fog
      should take a lot of snow today but there maybe another foot by Sunday!

      Sneak preview: this year's Midsommar may feature a bike race through
      the Colony and a concert by Birgtta Andersson Whited. Stay tuned.
      --
      Bill

      --- In maineswedishcolony@yahoogroups.com, gaylenk@... wrote:

      > hi Bill
      >
      > I have been transferring my 8 mm videotapes to DVD format have found a
      > sequence showing the bringing in of the Maypole to the shell and the
      little folk
      > dancers doing their thing. I would be glad to send a copy of the
      DVD to Leah if
      > this would be of help. Just send me her snailmail address.
      >
      > Gaylen
      >
      > How are you making out with winter? We have had spring down here
      this week
      > with temps in the 70's. Of course this is to change this weekend.
      We were
      > walking around the local golf course today and you could smell the
      earth
      > developing that spring odor. We are getting eager to move back to
      the cottage.