Re: MIDSOMMAR RESEARCH

  • William Duncan
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14, 2007
      Hi Leah,

      Brenda Jepson's site:
      http://crownofmaineproductions.com/ has several great videos with
      some dancing.
      Email Brenda Brenda Jepson <abjepson@...> for recommendations on
      the best dancing videos.

      I have some stills on the Maine Swedish Colony Yahoo Group site.
      My best Midsommar photos are there. You can identify them as "By:
      maineswedishcolony" and your welcome to use them for you project.
      I think you have to join the group (by submitting a request on the
      site and being approved by me) before you can see the photos.
      Actually you could repeat your request there. Wait...I'll just CC
      this message to that group as well. But join so you can see the photos
      --
      Bill

    • gaylenk@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 14, 2007
        hi Bill

        I have been transferring my 8 mm videotapes to DVD format have found a sequence showing the bringing in of the Maypole to the shell and the little folk dancers doing their thing.  I would be glad to send a copy of the DVD to Leah if this would be of help.  Just send me her snailmail address.

        Gaylen

        How are you making out with winter?  We have had spring down here this week with temps in the 70's.  Of course this is to change this weekend.  We were walking around the local golf course today and you could smell the earth developing that spring odor.  We are getting eager to move back to the cottage.

        **************************************
      • Bill Duncan
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 15, 2007
          Thanks Gaylen,
          I think Leah has joined this group by now but I did suggest she send
          her address directly to just you.

          Jean and I are still in the grips of cabin fever but the extra
          evening light helps. The snow pack on lake road just started breaking
          down yesterday. It was slow going coming home last night (from
          the Midsommar planning meeting at Debbie Blanchette's) however for
          this morning's commute, Brian scraped off the mush. The rain and fog
          should take a lot of snow today but there maybe another foot by Sunday!

          Sneak preview: this year's Midsommar may feature a bike race through
          the Colony and a concert by Birgtta Andersson Whited. Stay tuned.
          --
          Bill