Re: Svalstedt - Anderson

  • Christina
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 22, 2007
      Hello Debbie!

      This was very intresting information.

      Thank you!

      Josefina Wilhelmina was my great grandaunt.

      Sincerely,
      christina.

      --- In maineswedishcolony@yahoogroups.com, "Blanchette Family"
      <newswede@...> wrote:

      > Hi Keith,
      > I have some more information about the children of David and
      William. "David, born in 1891, married Martha Nelson. Their children
      were Viola Peary of Washburn; Ralph C.of Manchester, Conn;
      Evangeline Jernstrom of Grafton,MA, and Doris Brown of Brewer. David
      passed away in 1971 at 80. William was born in May 1894. He married
      Amanda McBrearity Gardner. Their son William Jr. married Ruth
      McGrath. Ray Gardner married Hilda Dumont abd Donald married Isabel
      Daigle. Amanda passed away on December 6, 1974 at 75." (Source was
      pg 55 from 115 Years in Woodland Aroostook County, Maine 1861 -
      1976.)
      > I also have Gustaf W. Anderson's and Ray Gardner's obituaries
      in my possession if you would like a copy. Please respond to
      newswede@... if you're interested.
      > Amanda lived up the road from me when I was growing up in New
      Sweden.
      > Hope this helps you.
      > Debbie Johnson Blanchette

      Among other things, I find the various ways of spelling names
      fascinating.

      > With best wishes,
      >

      > Keith
      > -
      >

      > On Jan 19, 2007, at 5:32 PM, jean duncan wrote:
      >

      > Hello,
      > I have a little information on my website:
      > http://jeanbduncan.com/swede/ps06/ps06_344.htm
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > Jean
      >
      > --- sylejmanikina <sylejmanikina@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hello!
      > >
      > > I have this information:
      > >
      > > Josefina Wilhelmina Svalstedt aka Josephine
      > > Wilhelmina Svalstedt,
      > > born December 24, 1859, Kungs-Barkarö, Sweden.
      > >

      > > Her parents were Adolf Svalstedt (1828-1901) and
      > > Ulrica Wattenström
      > > (1828-1888).
      > >

      > > She emigrated to USA in 1890 and arrived in Boston,
      > > Massachusetts on
      > > June 09, 1890 via Glasgow, Scotland from Sweden
      > > aboard the
      > > ship "Norwegian". She was listed as "Josef
      > > Svalstedt".
      > >
      > > She married Carl Gustaf Anderson on February 05,
      > > 1891 in New Sweden,
      > > Aroostook County, Maine (according to Family
      > > Search).
      > >

      > > Josefina Wilhelmina and Carl Gustaf had following
      > > children: Carl
      > > David Anderson (1892); and A. William Anderson
      > > (1894).
      > >
      > > Woodland, Maine:
      > > In 1910 they were living in Woodland, Aroostook
      > > County, Maine. She
      > > was listed as "Josephine W. Anderson". The children
      > > were listed
      > > as "A. Willie Anderson" and "Carl David Anderson".
      > > They were living
      > > on a farm. In 1920 they were still living in
      > > Woodland under the
      > > name "Carl G. Anderson" and "Josephine Anderson".
      > > The children were
      > > listed as "William Anderson" and "David Anderson.
      > >
      > > Does anyone know anything about this family?
      > > Like when Josefina Wilhelmina (or her husband) died?
      > > Did her children got married?
      > > Any information would be appreciated.
      > >

      > > Regards,
      > > Christina.

      1/20/2007 10:24 AM

    • Peter Blood
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 24, 2007
        Debbie,
        Do you know why Viola Perry decided to move from the Swedish Colony area to Manchester, CT? I ask because I have a Lillian ANDERSON who ended up in Manchester as well. Was it the silk mill?
        Peter

        --- sylejmanikina <sylejmanikina@ yahoo.com> wrote:

        > Hello!
        >
        > I have this information:
        >
        > Josefina Wilhelmina Svalstedt aka Josephine
        > Wilhelmina Svalstedt,
        > born December 24, 1859, Kungs-Barkarö , Sweden.
        >

        > Her parents were Adolf Svalstedt (1828-1901) and
        > Ulrica Wattenström
        > (1828-1888).
        >

        > She emigrated to USA in 1890 and arrived in Boston,
        > Massachusetts on
        > June 09, 1890 via Glasgow, Scotland from Sweden
        > aboard the
        > ship "Norwegian". She was listed as "Josef
        > Svalstedt".
        >
        > She married Carl Gustaf Anderson on February 05,
        > 1891 in New Sweden,
        > Aroostook County, Maine (according to Family
        > Search).
        >

        > Josefina Wilhelmina and Carl Gustaf had following
        > children: Carl
        > David Anderson (1892); and A. William Anderson
        > (1894).
        >
        > Woodland, Maine:
        > In 1910 they were living in Woodland, Aroostook
        > County, Maine. She
        > was listed as "Josephine W. Anderson". The children
        > were listed
        > as "A. Willie Anderson" and "Carl David Anderson".
        > They were living
        > on a farm. In 1920 they were still living in
        > Woodland under the
        > name "Carl G. Anderson" and "Josephine Anderson".
        > The children were
        > listed as "William Anderson" and "David Anderson.
        >
        > Does anyone know anything about this family?
        > Like when Josefina Wilhelmina (or her husband) died?
        > Did her children got married?
        > Any information would be appreciated.
        >

        > Regards,
        > Christina.