Svalstedt - Anderson

  • sylejmanikina
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 17, 2007
      Hello!

      I have this information:

      Josefina Wilhelmina Svalstedt aka Josephine Wilhelmina Svalstedt,
      born December 24, 1859, Kungs-Barkarö, Sweden.

      Her parents were Adolf Svalstedt (1828-1901) and Ulrica Wattenström
      (1828-1888).

      She emigrated to USA in 1890 and arrived in Boston, Massachusetts on
      June 09, 1890 via Glasgow, Scotland from Sweden aboard the
      ship "Norwegian". She was listed as "Josef Svalstedt".

      She married Carl Gustaf Anderson on February 05, 1891 in New Sweden,
      Aroostook County, Maine (according to Family Search).

      Josefina Wilhelmina and Carl Gustaf had following children: Carl
      David Anderson (1892); and A. William Anderson (1894).

      Woodland, Maine:
      In 1910 they were living in Woodland, Aroostook County, Maine. She
      was listed as "Josephine W. Anderson". The children were listed
      as "A. Willie Anderson" and "Carl David Anderson". They were living
      on a farm. In 1920 they were still living in Woodland under the
      name "Carl G. Anderson" and "Josephine Anderson". The children were
      listed as "William Anderson" and "David Anderson.

      Does anyone know anything about this family?
      Like when Josefina Wilhelmina (or her husband) died?
      Did her children got married?
      Any information would be appreciated.

      Regards,
      Christina.
    • jean duncan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 19, 2007
        Hello,
        I have a little information on my website:
        http://jeanbduncan.com/swede/ps06/ps06_344.htm

        Sincerely,
        Jean

        --- sylejmanikina <sylejmanikina@...> wrote:

        > Hello!
        >
        > I have this information:
        >
        > Josefina Wilhelmina Svalstedt aka Josephine
        > Wilhelmina Svalstedt,
        > born December 24, 1859, Kungs-Barkarö, Sweden.
        >

        > Her parents were Adolf Svalstedt (1828-1901) and
        > Ulrica Wattenström
        > (1828-1888).
        >

        > She emigrated to USA in 1890 and arrived in Boston,
        > Massachusetts on
        > June 09, 1890 via Glasgow, Scotland from Sweden
        > aboard the
        > ship "Norwegian". She was listed as "Josef
        > Svalstedt".
        >
        > She married Carl Gustaf Anderson on February 05,
        > 1891 in New Sweden,
        > Aroostook County, Maine (according to Family
        > Search).
        >

        > Josefina Wilhelmina and Carl Gustaf had following
        > children: Carl
        > David Anderson (1892); and A. William Anderson
        > (1894).
        >
        > Woodland, Maine:
        > In 1910 they were living in Woodland, Aroostook
        > County, Maine. She
        > was listed as "Josephine W. Anderson". The children
        > were listed
        > as "A. Willie Anderson" and "Carl David Anderson".
        > They were living
        > on a farm. In 1920 they were still living in
        > Woodland under the
        > name "Carl G. Anderson" and "Josephine Anderson".
        > The children were
        > listed as "William Anderson" and "David Anderson.
        >
        > Does anyone know anything about this family?
        > Like when Josefina Wilhelmina (or her husband) died?
        > Did her children got married?
        > Any information would be appreciated.
        >

        > Regards,
        > Christina.

      • Keith Olson
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 20, 2007
          Hello Jean,

          Thank you for your e-mail and the information on your website.  Among other things, I find the various ways of spelling names fascinating.

          With best wishes,

          Keith
          -

          --- sylejmanikina <sylejmanikina@yahoo.com> wrote:

          > Hello!
          >
          > I have this information:
          >
          > Josefina Wilhelmina Svalstedt aka Josephine
          > Wilhelmina Svalstedt,
          > born December 24, 1859, Kungs-Barkarö, Sweden.
          >

          > Her parents were Adolf Svalstedt (1828-1901) and
          > Ulrica Wattenström
          > (1828-1888).
          >

          > She emigrated to USA in 1890 and arrived in Boston,
          > Massachusetts on
          > June 09, 1890 via Glasgow, Scotland from Sweden
          > aboard the
          > ship "Norwegian". She was listed as "Josef
          > Svalstedt".
          >
          > She married Carl Gustaf Anderson on February 05,
          > 1891 in New Sweden,
          > Aroostook County, Maine (according to Family
          > Search).
          >

          > Josefina Wilhelmina and Carl Gustaf had following
          > children: Carl
          > David Anderson (1892); and A. William Anderson
          > (1894).
          >
          > Woodland, Maine:
          > In 1910 they were living in Woodland, Aroostook
          > County, Maine. She
          > was listed as "Josephine W. Anderson". The children
          > were listed
          > as "A. Willie Anderson" and "Carl David Anderson".
          > They were living
          > on a farm. In 1920 they were still living in
          > Woodland under the
          > name "Carl G. Anderson" and "Josephine Anderson".
          > The children were
          > listed as "William Anderson" and "David Anderson.
          >
          > Does anyone know anything about this family?
          > Like when Josefina Wilhelmina (or her husband) died?
          > Did her children got married?
          > Any information would be appreciated.
          >

          > Regards,
          > Christina.

        • Blanchette Family
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 21, 2007
            Hi Keith,
                I have some  more information about the children of David and William. "David, born in 1891, married Martha Nelson. Their children were Viola Peary of Washburn; Ralph C.of Manchester, Conn; Evangeline Jernstrom of Grafton,MA, and Doris Brown of Brewer. David passed away in 1971 at 80. William was born in May 1894. He married Amanda McBrearity Gardner. Their son William Jr. married Ruth McGrath. Ray Gardner married Hilda Dumont abd Donald married Isabel Daigle. Amanda passed away on December 6, 1974 at 75." (Source was pg 55 from 115 Years in Woodland Aroostook County, Maine 1861 - 1976.)
                I also have Gustaf W. Anderson's  and Ray Gardner's obituaries in my possession if you would like a copy. Please respond to newswede@... if you're interested.
                Amanda lived up the road from me when I was growing up in New Sweden.
            Hope this helps you.
            Debbie Johnson Blanchette

            Thank you for your e-mail and the information on your website.  Among other things, I find the various ways of spelling names fascinating.

            With best wishes,

            Keith
            -

            On Jan 19, 2007, at 5:32 PM, jean duncan wrote:

            Hello,
            I have a little information on my website:
            http://jeanbduncan. com/swede/ ps06/ps06_ 344.htm

            Sincerely,
            Jean

            --- sylejmanikina <sylejmanikina@ yahoo.com> wrote:

            > Hello!
            >
            > I have this information:
            >
            > Josefina Wilhelmina Svalstedt aka Josephine
            > Wilhelmina Svalstedt,
            > born December 24, 1859, Kungs-Barkarö , Sweden.
            >

            > Her parents were Adolf Svalstedt (1828-1901) and
            > Ulrica Wattenström
            > (1828-1888).
            >

            > She emigrated to USA in 1890 and arrived in Boston,
            > Massachusetts on
            > June 09, 1890 via Glasgow, Scotland from Sweden
            > aboard the
            > ship "Norwegian". She was listed as "Josef
            > Svalstedt".
            >
            > She married Carl Gustaf Anderson on February 05,
            > 1891 in New Sweden,
            > Aroostook County, Maine (according to Family
            > Search).
            >

            > Josefina Wilhelmina and Carl Gustaf had following
            > children: Carl
            > David Anderson (1892); and A. William Anderson
            > (1894).
            >
            > Woodland, Maine:
            > In 1910 they were living in Woodland, Aroostook
            > County, Maine. She
            > was listed as "Josephine W. Anderson". The children
            > were listed
            > as "A. Willie Anderson" and "Carl David Anderson".
            > They were living
            > on a farm. In 1920 they were still living in
            > Woodland under the
            > name "Carl G. Anderson" and "Josephine Anderson".
            > The children were
            > listed as "William Anderson" and "David Anderson.
            >
            > Does anyone know anything about this family?
            > Like when Josefina Wilhelmina (or her husband) died?
            > Did her children got married?
            > Any information would be appreciated.
            >

            > Regards,
            > Christina.

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          • Christina
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 22, 2007
              Hello Debbie!

              This was very intresting information.

              Thank you!

              Josefina Wilhelmina was my great grandaunt.

              Sincerely,
              christina.

              --- In maineswedishcolony@yahoogroups.com, "Blanchette Family"
              <newswede@...> wrote:

              > Hi Keith,
              > I have some more information about the children of David and
              William. "David, born in 1891, married Martha Nelson. Their children
              were Viola Peary of Washburn; Ralph C.of Manchester, Conn;
              Evangeline Jernstrom of Grafton,MA, and Doris Brown of Brewer. David
              passed away in 1971 at 80. William was born in May 1894. He married
              Amanda McBrearity Gardner. Their son William Jr. married Ruth
              McGrath. Ray Gardner married Hilda Dumont abd Donald married Isabel
              Daigle. Amanda passed away on December 6, 1974 at 75." (Source was
              pg 55 from 115 Years in Woodland Aroostook County, Maine 1861 -
              1976.)
              > I also have Gustaf W. Anderson's and Ray Gardner's obituaries
              in my possession if you would like a copy. Please respond to
              newswede@... if you're interested.
              > Amanda lived up the road from me when I was growing up in New
              Sweden.
              > Hope this helps you.
              > Debbie Johnson Blanchette

              1/20/2007 10:24 AM

            • Peter Blood
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 24, 2007
                Debbie,
                Do you know why Viola Perry decided to move from the Swedish Colony area to Manchester, CT? I ask because I have a Lillian ANDERSON who ended up in Manchester as well. Was it the silk mill?
                Peter

                Thank you for your e-mail and the information on your website.  Among other things, I find the various ways of spelling names fascinating.

                With best wishes,

                Keith
                -

                On Jan 19, 2007, at 5:32 PM, jean duncan wrote:

                Hello,
                I have a little information on my website:
                http://jeanbduncan. com/swede/ ps06/ps06_ 344.htm

                Sincerely,
                Jean

                --- sylejmanikina <sylejmanikina@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                > Hello!
                >
                > I have this information:
                >
                > Josefina Wilhelmina Svalstedt aka Josephine
                > Wilhelmina Svalstedt,
                > born December 24, 1859, Kungs-Barkarö , Sweden.
                >

                > Her parents were Adolf Svalstedt (1828-1901) and
                > Ulrica Wattenström
                > (1828-1888).
                >

                > She emigrated to USA in 1890 and arrived in Boston,
                > Massachusetts on
                > June 09, 1890 via Glasgow, Scotland from Sweden
                > aboard the
                > ship "Norwegian". She was listed as "Josef
                > Svalstedt".
                >
                > She married Carl Gustaf Anderson on February 05,
                > 1891 in New Sweden,
                > Aroostook County, Maine (according to Family
                > Search).
                >

                > Josefina Wilhelmina and Carl Gustaf had following
                > children: Carl
                > David Anderson (1892); and A. William Anderson
                > (1894).
                >
                > Woodland, Maine:
                > In 1910 they were living in Woodland, Aroostook
                > County, Maine. She
                > was listed as "Josephine W. Anderson". The children
                > were listed
                > as "A. Willie Anderson" and "Carl David Anderson".
                > They were living
                > on a farm. In 1920 they were still living in
                > Woodland under the
                > name "Carl G. Anderson" and "Josephine Anderson".
                > The children were
                > listed as "William Anderson" and "David Anderson.
                >
                > Does anyone know anything about this family?
                > Like when Josefina Wilhelmina (or her husband) died?
                > Did her children got married?
                > Any information would be appreciated.
                >

                > Regards,
                > Christina.