Re: old Swedish Families

  • rebestrid
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 27, 2006
      My great great grandfather was Aridars Thomas Strid and Sigrid
      Matilda Parson. They had 9 boys and 1 girl. This Family starts in
      1838.
      1)August Carl Strid, 2) Gustof Andrew Strid, 3) Ida Mina Strid, 4)
      John Alfred Strid, Sr. 5) Oscar Henry Strid, 6) Herbert Axel Strid,
      7) Otto William Strid, 8) Ernest Walter Strid, 9) Algot Theodore
      Strid, 10) Albert Robert Strid.
      The Wives of all the Strid man were.1) Nancy Zetterman married
      August 4) Hazel Grondin married John 5) Hazel Soffie Anderson
      married Oscar 8) Donalda Mary Marquis married Ernest 10) Isebelle
      Duby Lagassey married Albert.

      I pretty much have any family broken down currently. It contains 11
      typed pages. Each one of the above families are placed in my family
      tree. Above^ #5) Oscar Henry Strid had 2 girls and one boy. Names
      are Marilyn Strid, Anita Strid and Howard Strid . My question to
      the group is Maryilyn Strid married Snowman? Is this a nickname? I
      do not have any other name. They never had kids.
      Could any verify this information for me. My aunt Marilyn still
      live on Rista Road. But their is no way to get in touch with her.
      Becky Strid
      --- In maineswedishcolony@yahoogroups.com, rebe7232@... wrote:

      > I still have family in New Sweden. I will find my loophole this
      week and forward in to this site. I currently work 12 hours days
      and go to college. So, for me to find the time is quite difficult.
      Becky
      > From: "Peter Blood" <peterblood666@...>
      > I am trying to locate someone who might remember a Swedish family
      living in
      > New Sweden, Aroostock, ME about 1920. Traditional genealogical
      avenues have
      > failed. I'm looking for someone old who might remember my family.
      >
      > Peter
      >

      > Participate in Maine Swedish Colony's Egroup site:
      > To send a message, reply to this message or send email to:
      maineswedishcolony@yahoogroups.com
      > Report problems to Bill Duncan, duncan@... This list
      is "unmoderated," sorry if unwanted messages slip through. To
      unsubscribe, send email:

      maine
      > Maine state tax form Maine state birth record Maine state flag
      >

      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >
      > Visit your group "maineswedishcolony" on the web.

      Service.

    • rebe7232@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 27, 2006

        I posted the starting my family tree.  I do not have every to this date.  It is to large of a family.  I can't locate any last name of Blood in my tree. Sorry Becky Strid

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 27, 2006
          Hello Peter,
          If you could tell me the name you're looking for, I may be able to help
          you. There aren't too many old Swedes left. But I can try. Also where they
          might have lived-a name of a road would help.

          Debbie Johnson Blanchette