old Swedish Families

  • Peter Blood
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 26, 2006
      I am trying to locate someone who might remember a Swedish family living in
      New Sweden, Aroostock, ME about 1920. Traditional genealogical avenues have
      failed. I'm looking for someone old who might remember my family.

      Peter
    • rebe7232@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 27, 2006

        I still have family in New Sweden.  I will find my loophole this week and forward in to this site.  I currently work 12 hours days and go to college.  So, for me to find the time is quite difficult.  Becky

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 27, 2006
          My great great grandfather was Aridars Thomas Strid and Sigrid
          Matilda Parson. They had 9 boys and 1 girl. This Family starts in
          1838.
          1)August Carl Strid, 2) Gustof Andrew Strid, 3) Ida Mina Strid, 4)
          John Alfred Strid, Sr. 5) Oscar Henry Strid, 6) Herbert Axel Strid,
          7) Otto William Strid, 8) Ernest Walter Strid, 9) Algot Theodore
          Strid, 10) Albert Robert Strid.
          The Wives of all the Strid man were.1) Nancy Zetterman married
          August 4) Hazel Grondin married John 5) Hazel Soffie Anderson
          married Oscar 8) Donalda Mary Marquis married Ernest 10) Isebelle
          Duby Lagassey married Albert.

          I pretty much have any family broken down currently. It contains 11
          typed pages. Each one of the above families are placed in my family
          tree. Above^ #5) Oscar Henry Strid had 2 girls and one boy. Names
          are Marilyn Strid, Anita Strid and Howard Strid . My question to
          the group is Maryilyn Strid married Snowman? Is this a nickname? I
          do not have any other name. They never had kids.
          Could any verify this information for me. My aunt Marilyn still
          live on Rista Road. But their is no way to get in touch with her.
          Becky Strid
          --- In maineswedishcolony@yahoogroups.com, rebe7232@... wrote:

          > I still have family in New Sweden. I will find my loophole this
          week and forward in to this site. I currently work 12 hours days
          and go to college. So, for me to find the time is quite difficult.
          Becky
          > From: "Peter Blood" <peterblood666@...>
          > I am trying to locate someone who might remember a Swedish family
          living in
          > New Sweden, Aroostock, ME about 1920. Traditional genealogical
          avenues have
          > failed. I'm looking for someone old who might remember my family.
          >
          > Peter
          >

          > Participate in Maine Swedish Colony's Egroup site:
          > To send a message, reply to this message or send email to:
          maineswedishcolony@yahoogroups.com
          > Report problems to Bill Duncan, duncan@... This list
          is "unmoderated," sorry if unwanted messages slip through. To
          unsubscribe, send email:

          maine
          > Maine state tax form Maine state birth record Maine state flag
          >

          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >
          > Visit your group "maineswedishcolony" on the web.

          Service.

        • rebe7232@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 27, 2006

            I posted the starting my family tree.  I do not have every to this date.  It is to large of a family.  I can't locate any last name of Blood in my tree. Sorry Becky Strid

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 27, 2006
              Hello Peter,
              If you could tell me the name you're looking for, I may be able to help
              you. There aren't too many old Swedes left. But I can try. Also where they
              might have lived-a name of a road would help.

              Debbie Johnson Blanchette