Re: [maineswedishcolony] hertiage and property

  • Blanchette Family
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 25, 2006
      Hi Becky,
          So what's your maiden name? Is Freda Zetterman married to Gordon? I remember the name John. There were 2 brothers who lived on Ringdahl Hill, well actually over that hill and across the road when I was growing up. They lived in a little house by themselves, I think. Would that be relatives of yours?
          No, Adella is another strand of Johnsons.
          Let me know what I can do to help you more. Are you coming to Midsummer June 24 and 25th this year? You'd probably meet a lot of relatives then. People tend to come back for that festival.
          Debbie
      From: "Blanchette Family" <newswede@...>
      Hello Becky,    With a name like Strid-who was your father? Maybe I can help you.... Email me back...
      Debbie Johnson Blanchette
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 25, 2006
        Dear Britt,
            How about coming to this year's Midsommar Festival June 24th and 25th in New Sweden? We'd love to have you....

        Debbie Blanchette, Midsommar chairperson
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 25, 2006
          Hi---Hubby & I are very interested-----almost 2 years ago, I gave birth to Kaysa Elisabet Maj on June 26th, so that's why we couldn't come then.  (She turns 20 months old tomorrow.)
          We also have a 4 year-old daughter, Emma, who has Autism, and we just need to make sure she is all settled before we go places.
          My sons are 18 & 17......so one will be graduating from Lawrence High School in Fairfield this June.
          I know that my grandparents, Edith (Berggren) Holmstrom & Erold Holmstrom, have been to the festival before.  They live half the year in Florida, and half here in Maine.
          Take Care,
          Britt in benton

        • rebe7232@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 25, 2006

            Hey,
            My maiden name is Strid.  Yes, Freda is married to Gordon which is my Aunt and Uncle. My father John and Freda are brothers and sister.  I would love to come to the midsommer festival in June. I not sure if I will make it though. Is it still at the park?  I saw the dancing 2 times back in the late 70's
            I work it the nursing field and go to college.  Becky

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 26, 2006
              The program on Saturday is at the museum and the Sunday program is at the Park. Make sure you check out the website--it tells all about the week-end.
              Debbie