hertiage and property

  • rebe7232@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 22, 2006
      Does anyone know if property in New Sweden is up for sale? I am thinking about purchasing some especially near the Madawasa River off of Rista road.  I recall the sharp bend and the dirt road leading down toward the river.
      I am also working on a family tree.  My parental grandparents including my father was from New Sweden.  This is a huge tree I may need help with.  My great parents had a very large family,  I located Esplings, Plants, Johnsons, Snowman and I am doing the whole town now.HAHA
      I hope to hear back from someone

      Your young square head
      Becky Strid
    • mainelyrita
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 22, 2006
        Hello,
        Yes there is property for sale in New Sweden, May I suggest you
        contact a real estate office in Caribou, you can check things on line.
        Mahoneyrealestate.net,dobbsrealty.com,progressiverealty.net for a
        start, and good luck. Sorry, I can't help you with family tree as I am
        new to this area myself. Rita in T16 R4
      • Britt Holmstrom-Salisbury
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 23, 2006
          Just wanted to say, "Hi"!  I have visited New Sweden a couple of times, and I live in Central Maine.  (Grandparents used to live in the St. George, Tenant's Harbor area.)  LOTS of Swedes came to visit them when I was little, and I have many fond memories of that.  (They are still both alive & well, and still have plenty of Swedish friends that visit!)
          Andersons, Skoglunds, Olsens........
          I am married, and have four kids---Nicholas, Jacob, Emma, & Kaysa.........
          My 4 year-old daughter recently had her pics taken at JC Penney while holding on to a Swedish flag, with a Dada horse by her side.......made grampa VERY happy!
          Take care,
          Britt Holmstrom-Salisbury
          Benton

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 23, 2006
            Hello Becky,    With a name like Strid-who was your father? Maybe I can help you.... Email me back...
            Debbie Johnson Blanchette
            Does anyone know if property in New Sweden is up for sale? I am thinking about purchasing some especially near the Madawasa River off of Rista road.  I recall the sharp bend and the dirt road leading down toward the river.
            I am also working on a family tree.  My parental grandparents including my father was from New Sweden.  This is a huge tree I may need help with.  My great parents had a very large family,  I located Esplings, Plants, Johnsons, Snowman and I am doing the whole town now.HAHA
            I hope to hear back from someone

            Your young square head
            Becky Strid

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          • rebe7232@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 23, 2006
              Hello Debbie,
              My father name was John Alfred Strid Jr. He grew up on the hill (above the post office) Did you know him?  His sister is Freida Zetterman.  I also, lived for a little while in New Sweden with I was very young 11-12 years old.  Are you related to Adella Johnson?
              I need to retreived the family tree  and start it up again.
              Becky

              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 23, 2006
                Thanks so much for the info.  I will do my research!
                Becky

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 25, 2006
                  Hi Becky,
                      So what's your maiden name? Is Freda Zetterman married to Gordon? I remember the name John. There were 2 brothers who lived on Ringdahl Hill, well actually over that hill and across the road when I was growing up. They lived in a little house by themselves, I think. Would that be relatives of yours?
                      No, Adella is another strand of Johnsons.
                      Let me know what I can do to help you more. Are you coming to Midsummer June 24 and 25th this year? You'd probably meet a lot of relatives then. People tend to come back for that festival.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 25, 2006
                    Dear Britt,
                        How about coming to this year's Midsommar Festival June 24th and 25th in New Sweden? We'd love to have you....

                    Debbie Blanchette, Midsommar chairperson

                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 25, 2006
                      Hi---Hubby & I are very interested-----almost 2 years ago, I gave birth to Kaysa Elisabet Maj on June 26th, so that's why we couldn't come then.  (She turns 20 months old tomorrow.)
                      We also have a 4 year-old daughter, Emma, who has Autism, and we just need to make sure she is all settled before we go places.
                      My sons are 18 & 17......so one will be graduating from Lawrence High School in Fairfield this June.
                      I know that my grandparents, Edith (Berggren) Holmstrom & Erold Holmstrom, have been to the festival before.  They live half the year in Florida, and half here in Maine.
                      Take Care,
                      Britt in benton

                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 25, 2006

                        Hey,
                        My maiden name is Strid.  Yes, Freda is married to Gordon which is my Aunt and Uncle. My father John and Freda are brothers and sister.  I would love to come to the midsommer festival in June. I not sure if I will make it though. Is it still at the park?  I saw the dancing 2 times back in the late 70's
                        I work it the nursing field and go to college.  Becky

                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 26, 2006
                          The program on Saturday is at the museum and the Sunday program is at the Park. Make sure you check out the website--it tells all about the week-end.
                          Debbie