Searching for Info.on Deceased Relative born in New Sweden

  • sierrajkl
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2004
      My name is Judith Lund. I live in Prescott Valley, AZ, but was born
      and was raised in Connecticut. My late grandfather was born in New
      Sweden in the 1880's. His father may have been one of the original
      settlers that came over from Sweden in 1870. There is a good
      possibility that my grandfather was given an English name when he was
      born in New Sweden. I just recently found his obit. in among papers
      that I had. I have both his parents names. My grandfather's surname
      was Sandell. I understand that many records were lost in a fire at
      the New Sweden Town Hall in 1970 so I cannot obtain info. from there.
      It is a good possibility that my great grandfather's name was Olof
      Olson but I am trying to find out for sure.The obit. lists Olof
      Sandell. I am hoping that somebody up in the New Sweden area may be
      able to help me with this. Thank you.
      Judith Lund