Re: [maineswedishcolony] New Sweden

  • Carolyn Hildebrand
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 16, 2004
      Hey, Jill.

      We have lived in New Sweden for 25 years, having come from RI and CT.  We love our community.  The Swedish heritage and traditions add to the natural attractions which keep us here.  We raised two children on our small farm and love the rural location.  I am a Swedish descendent on both my mother's and father's sides,  and have visited the Swedish towns my grandparents came from many years ago.  New Sweden resembles their homeland in Sweden and explains why some of them settled here in 1873.  We hosted two exchange students in 1992 and 1993; one from Sweden and one from the Czech Republic through ASSE.  We enjoyed them both-I know they would like to return to visit New Sweden again someday.  They will always be part of our family.  Hope to see you at Midsommar!  Carolyn Hildebrand
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 17, 2004
        Jill,
        When were you in Link�ping? I grew up in the Link�ping Diocese (in
        L�nneberga/Vimmerby, Sm�land) and my father was ordained in the Link�ping
        Cathedral. We later lived in New Sweden, where my father served as pastor
        1979-85.

        Eric Robert Andr�, VDM +
        5700 Bunkerhill St. #1801, Pgh. (Highland Park), PA 15206. 412-441-2487