Re: [maineswedishcolony] Swedish dinners

  • Dan Olson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2004
      Dear Gary,
        I am unaware of any restaurants in southern Maine-but if you are ever traveling outside Maine here are a few places that do have Scandinavian fare:

       The Scandinavi-Inn in West Campton, NH

        The EuroShip Store in Fairhaven, MA

       Ulrika's on the upper east side of Manhatten (probably a lot further than you'd like to venture, I know, but the meatballs there are sooo good!)  www.ulrikas.com

      Also in N.Y.C. is the restaurant Auquavit -quite high end but great.

       If you are interested in ordering some Swedish food there are a few companies that have online catalogues.  One is out of Connecticut:  www.scandiafood.com

        Another useful site for you if you are interested in Sweden is www.swedeninfo.com.  It is the Swedish Information Service from the Consul General of Sweden's Office in New York.  My husband used to work for the SIS.  They have tons of booklets and information for anyone who asks.  They may not have too much info on the Swedish community in Maine but you already know where to find that!

      I hope this information is of use to you.

      Happy New Year
      from, Megan Olson in New Sweden