Swedish dinners

  • wx1u
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2004
      Hello,
      Is anyone aware of any restaurants in southern Maine that serve Swedish
      meals?
      Thanks
      Gary
    • Dan Olson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2004
        Dear Gary,
          I am unaware of any restaurants in southern Maine-but if you are ever traveling outside Maine here are a few places that do have Scandinavian fare:

         The Scandinavi-Inn in West Campton, NH

          The EuroShip Store in Fairhaven, MA

         Ulrika's on the upper east side of Manhatten (probably a lot further than you'd like to venture, I know, but the meatballs there are sooo good!)  www.ulrikas.com

        Also in N.Y.C. is the restaurant Auquavit -quite high end but great.

         If you are interested in ordering some Swedish food there are a few companies that have online catalogues.  One is out of Connecticut:  www.scandiafood.com

          Another useful site for you if you are interested in Sweden is www.swedeninfo.com.  It is the Swedish Information Service from the Consul General of Sweden's Office in New York.  My husband used to work for the SIS.  They have tons of booklets and information for anyone who asks.  They may not have too much info on the Swedish community in Maine but you already know where to find that!

        I hope this information is of use to you.

        Happy New Year
        from, Megan Olson in New Sweden

            Is anyone aware of any restaurants in southern Maine that serve Swedish
        meals?
        Thanks
        Gary

        To send a message, reply to this message or send email to: maineswedishcolony@yahoogroups.com