RE: swedish music

  • Kate Quin-Easter
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 30, 2003
      In Maine? As an at-the-moment-Portlander I suggest the Scandavian Shop down
      in the Old Port... the Top of Exchange Street.

      Simply Scandavian
      99 Exchange Street
      874-6759

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 30, 2003
        Hi Kate,
            Tack sä mycket!"
          Living in Portland that's easy and I'll get over there soon. I wished I knew of the Historic Swedish Colony's 132nd Traditional Swedish Midsommar Celebration. I missed that one.Have you ever visited that area? I've intended to for a long time.

        Take care
        Gary Nelson

        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

        "The inherent worth and dignity of every person; Justice, equity, and
        compassion in human relations; A free and responsible search for truth and
        meaning; The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for
        all; Respect for the independent web of all existance of which we are a
        part." (UU creed)

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Debbie Blanchette
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 31, 2003
          Dear Gary,
              I hope you will join us for this year's Midsommar Festival held June 19 and 20th in New Sweden. We are having a Swedish Dance Group from Sweden join us this year plus groups from Monson and Conn. You can find a tape at the Swedish Gift Shop in New Sweden. Please check the Swedish Colony website every month for any updates to the schedule.

          Debbie in New Sweden
[...]

          To send a message, reply to this message or send email to: maineswedishcolony@yahoogroups.com

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • wx1u
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 31, 2003
            Hi Debbie,
                  I'll keep that in mind as I know I'd enjoy it.I sent away for a couple of booklets and will check the site often.
            Happy New Year