37RE: Arndt

  • David Larsson
    Feb 22, 2002
      When I read this original inquiry, I knew that if I called my father,
      he'd likely know something about the people involved. My father is John
      A. Larsson, born 1920 in New Sweden (grandson of L.P. Larsson, founder
      of the Jemtland store, referenced a couple of times on the Colony's
      webpage at http://www.geocities.com/mscguide/nshist.html
      <http://www.geocities.com/mscguide/nshist.html> ).

      Sure enough, my father remembers Peter Nelson quite well. In fact, he
      informs me that Peter Nelson gave him his first haircut! My father
      reports that there is at least one Nelson relative now living in the New
      Sweden area: Mrs. Frances Nelson, who was in my father's class at
      Jemtland grammar school. Mrs. Nelson married Ralph Nelson, who was a
      nephew of Peter. Yahoo shows a Frances Nelson with an addresss on
      Station Rd, New Sweden, ME 04762-0000.

      My father believes that Frida Arndt came to New Sweden from the midwest:
      Chicago, he would guess, but he isn't sure.

      Frida and Peter adopted a daughter, Virginia (called "Virgie"), who
      married Clarence Malm and lived in the New Sweden area for several
      years. After WWII, they moved to the "Little Maine" area of upstate New
      York, west of the Finger Lakes.

      Feel free to contact my father. He now lives at The Arbors, 403 West
      Center St., Apt 230, Manchester, CT 06040.

      David J. Larsson
      Marvin, Larsson, Henkin & Scheuritzel
      Centre Square West
      Suite 3510