326Swedish Immigration To New Sweden Area,etc. After 1870

  • sierrajkl
    Mar 22, 2010
      The new post from MSC as of this date has given me some new hope in trying to find out more about my now-deceased grandfather's parents who settled in the area in or near New Sweden. I was not aware until I read some info. on one of the links I went to this a.m. that there were quite a few more ships with immigrants from Sweden who came to the New Sweden and surrounding area after the original settlers in 1870. I also learned that they all left from Gothenberg, Sweden. How does one find out about who some of these other settlers were, any records of passengers, where they landed, and eventually settled in the New Sweden & surrounding areas.
      This new post today with its new info to 8 links on the MSC had the list of the original 22 settlers of New Sweden and I saw that my grandfather's dad was not among these 22 so it had to be one of the groups of immigrants that left from Gothenberg in the following years of settlement to the New Sweden & surrounding areas like Westmanland, etc.
      I would appreciate any help on this.
      Judith Lund
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic