      From: kit kis <kitkis5@...>
      Subject: Re: [maineswedishcolony] New Denmark, New Brunswick story
      To: maineswedishcolony@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 5:29 AM

          They landed in Halifax from Liverpool, across Nova Scotia, over the bay of Fundy to St. John, Canada.  down the St. John river by steamer to Fredericton, to Tobique Landing.  Then by railroad, By horse team to Fort Fairfield, Maine, continued on, over the bridge of the Aroostook River into Caribou, and finally to New Sweden.  I got this information from "Founding of New Sweden".  Hope it's helpful. Kathy Robinson

      From: jeanbduncan <jeanbduncan@ yahoo.com>
      To: maineswedishcolony@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 10:51 AM

      Check out the history of our Danish neighbors and their parallel story
      to New Sweden:

      http://archives. gnb.ca/Exhibits/ PlannedSettlemen ts/Settlement. aspx?culture= en-CA&t=NewDenma rk

      Be sure to click on the blue links on each page to see primary
      documents and great photos!

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic