199Re: Searching for info. on my grandfather

  • padrewind
    Feb 14, 2007
      Judith, here is 1st reply to my posting on Swedish message board:

      Av Mats Ahlgren (Mats) – torsdag den 15 febr 2007 kl. 00.12:
      [Ändra]

      Patti

      I found Anton and Alvida on a New York Passenger list from September
      7, 1948, arriving on Gripsholm.
      It says Anton Sandell, 53 Godfrey St, Groton, Connecticut, age 60,
      born in Sweden
      Alvida, same adress, age 66, born in Sweden

      On his WW2 registration card he is born in Maine

      As you say, census 1920 shows Antone B born in Sweden and immigrated
      1901 snd naturalized in 1913.

      In census 1930, I find Alvida and two children in Mobile, Alabama.
      The children have their father from Maine and the mother from Sweden.
      Anton is also in Alabama, but on a US Coast Guard Cutter. He states
      to be born in Maine, father's place of birth unknown and mother from
      Maine.

      In census 1910 is a Alvida Lund(Lound)found as servant/laundress New
      London, Connecticut. Born in Sweden and immigrated 1901.

      This is her record on CD Emibas
      Post 825899
      Larsson Lund, Alma Alvida
      Ägardotter (unmarried woman)
      b. 4/11/1882 in Stavnäs, Värmlands län (Värmland)
      Emigrated 4/19/1901
      from Fjöle Norra, Stavnäs, Värmlands län (Värmland)
      to Nordamerika
      0831901004 - Bilaga/ytterligare information finns. Kontakta
      Emigrantregistret i Karlstad
      Source: Household Examination Roll, p. 114
      Emibas migration file ID: Stavnäs S 1901 004

      This might be Alvida A before marying Anton.

      --- In maineswedishcolony@yahoogroups.com, "padrewind"
      <patti.white@...> wrote:

      > Judith, I'm not so sure Anton was born in Aroostock, Maine. I find
      > him and wife Alnida on a 1920 census in Groton, New London, Conn.
      > He is with his son Bertel 6 yr. and daughter Lillian 8 years. An
      on
      > the census him and his with claim to be from Sweden. date of
      > immigration 1901. Both the children born in Ohio. I will check
      > with Swedish message board for more information.
      >
      > Patti
      >
      > --- In maineswedishcolony@yahoogroups.com, Keith Olson <kwolson@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello Judith,
      > >
      > > I'm sorry but I am no help. My mormor and morfar arrived in the
      > U.S.
      > > in the early 1890s and my father arrived in 1922. Most of my
      > > mother's family stayed in Sweden and all of my father's family
      > > stayed. In this country I have three cousins, three nieces, one
      > > nephew, and one brother. I grew up 85 miles north of New York
      > City
      > > in the Hudson Valley.
      > >
      > > Good luck with your search.
      > >
      > > Keith Olson
      > > -
      > >

      > > On Feb 13, 2007, at 7:10 PM, sierrajkl wrote:
      > >
      > > > Hello,
      > > > I am doing my family history and I am working on my late
      > grandfather's
      > > > side of the family. I have been working with the LDS Family
      > History
      > > > Ctr. and gotten to the point where I now need some help from
      > you
      > > > group,
      > > > of which I am a member. My name Judith Lund, and I live in
      > Phoenix,AZ
      > > > at the present.
      > > > I do not know much about my grandfather's parents, etc. at all
      > except
      > > > what was in his obituary ibn 1965 when he died. I did find out
      > from
      > > > WW2
      > > > draft record that he was born in Nov. 2,1886 in Aroostook
      County,
      > > > Maine. His name was Anton B. Sandell. His father was Olaf.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic