191Re: [maineswedishcolony] Svalstedt - Anderson

  • Keith Olson
    Jan 20, 2007
      Hello Jean,

      Thank you for your e-mail and the information on your website.  Among other things, I find the various ways of spelling names fascinating.

      With best wishes,

      Keith
      -

      On Jan 19, 2007, at 5:32 PM, jean duncan wrote:

      Hello,
      I have a little information on my website:
      http://jeanbduncan.com/swede/ps06/ps06_344.htm

      Sincerely,
      Jean

      --- sylejmanikina <sylejmanikina@yahoo.com> wrote:

      > Hello!
      >
      > I have this information:
      >
      > Josefina Wilhelmina Svalstedt aka Josephine
      > Wilhelmina Svalstedt,
      > born December 24, 1859, Kungs-Barkarö, Sweden.
      >

      > Her parents were Adolf Svalstedt (1828-1901) and
      > Ulrica Wattenström
      > (1828-1888).
      >

      > She emigrated to USA in 1890 and arrived in Boston,
      > Massachusetts on
      > June 09, 1890 via Glasgow, Scotland from Sweden
      > aboard the
      > ship "Norwegian". She was listed as "Josef
      > Svalstedt".
      >
      > She married Carl Gustaf Anderson on February 05,
      > 1891 in New Sweden,
      > Aroostook County, Maine (according to Family
      > Search).
      >

      > Josefina Wilhelmina and Carl Gustaf had following
      > children: Carl
      > David Anderson (1892); and A. William Anderson
      > (1894).
      >
      > Woodland, Maine:
      > In 1910 they were living in Woodland, Aroostook
      > County, Maine. She
      > was listed as "Josephine W. Anderson". The children
      > were listed
      > as "A. Willie Anderson" and "Carl David Anderson".
      > They were living
      > on a farm. In 1920 they were still living in
      > Woodland under the
      > name "Carl G. Anderson" and "Josephine Anderson".
      > The children were
      > listed as "William Anderson" and "David Anderson.
      >
      > Does anyone know anything about this family?
      > Like when Josefina Wilhelmina (or her husband) died?
      > Did her children got married?
      > Any information would be appreciated.
      >

      > Regards,
      > Christina.