124Re: [maineswedishcolony] New Sweden

  • Shelly Timber
    Jan 16, 2004
      Hello Jill.
      Rev. Shelly Timber here, from the Covenant Church in New Sweden.  I'm a new-bee here after arriving 3+ years ago.  I adore it here.  You couldn't find a place with nicer people. Neighbors usually know each other and look out for one another.  I never found a trace of that "New England" standoff-ishness here.  Are you thinking of relocating?  You certainly wouldn't be the first!  Many have visited and ended up putting down roots.  Be sure to join us if you can for Midsommar in June.  While that will give you the best flavor of our Swedish heritage, I personally prefer the month of August.  Only because the blackflies are sure to be gone by then!!!  :-)  June is particularly bad with them.  Best wishes to you.
      Pastor Shelly Timber

      Jill Lagle wrote:

      Hello, I read about the trajedy that happened in New Sweden.  However, Readers' Digest did a great job at conveying what a wonderful community you all have.  I have looked over the websites, and this just confirms my suspisions that New Sweden would be a wonderful place to live.  I'd love to know a lot more from the people that live there.  That's why I signed up for the email discussion group.  I loved living in Linkoping, Sweden as an exchange student.  In fact I miss the traditions, food, and enviroment.  Thanks for quenching my "home sickness" with all the pictures placed on the websites. Jill

      To send a message, reply to this message or send email to: maineswedishcolony@yahoogroups.com

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      --
      ÐÏࡱá