earlyMaine.org updates

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2008
      Hi All -

      Sorry for the cross posting, but I wanted to be sure I caught as many
      people that may be interested as possible.

      If you haven't stopped by www.earlyMaine.org lately (or if you've never
      stopped by) I wanted to point out a couple of really exciting projects
      we've been working on this year that I thought you would enjoy.

      The Gravestone Photo project, which had just over 500 photos of Maine
      tombstones at the beginning of the year now contains more than 1,700
      records! And let me take a quick minute to thank all our volunteers who
      have been posting their photos to the site, many of whom are members of
      these lists.

      Another great project we start at the end of the summer, in conjunction
      with the University of Maine's Fogler Library was to index 100+ years of
      seniors in their online yearbook collection
      (http://www.library.umaine.edu/yearbooks/) The searchable index now
      contains more than 8,000 names and is searchable by Name and class. Most
      classes from 1894 through 1940 are now online.

      It's been quite a busy year for us at earlyMaine.org as we'll be adding a
      dozen or so scanned letters to our Letters Collection as well.

      If you get a chance, stop on by and check it out. As always, everything
      on the site is free for all.

      --
      Brian
      -----